FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

A new version 1.3.6 of the injector has just been released.

Ability to use JustFlight’s aircraft database by prioritizing it

Changelog:

• FS Traffic models support. By default they will be used as fallback after the FSLTL models in priority. A new setting is available in the injector config file and settable in the start up questions that raises the priority of the FS Traffic models above FSLTL models, in essence making FSLTL fallback for FS Traffic. AIG fallback sits below both FSLTL and FS Traffic in priority.
    IMPORTANT: The FS Traffic injection processes must be disabled if you are using FSLTL injection. To ensure this, we advise that only the justflight-aircraft-traffic-fleet folder be in your community folder and all other FS traffic folders be removed / disabled.
  • Fixes for FSHud integration. Integration had not been reliable since the 1.3 upgrade of the injector. This has now been fixed and is fully functional again.
  • Sunshine Coast YBSU airport missing - now fixed and available for injection
  • Added links to user guide and faq at top of injector run console display with red highlight in the hope some people might read them before engaging our volunteer support team :slightly_smiling_face:
  • Further class name tweaks in FSLTL in sim toolbar to prevent overlap with other addons.
3 Likes

Thanks for posting. I wonder if the FS Traffic models are worth purchasing just for fill in and performance. I feel like I have quite a wide coverage already with FSLTL and AIG models though. Would be intersting to do a benchmark of all 3 separately performance wise though.

FS Traffic has a dead-simple Low Resolution textures mode available by simply clicking a button in the FS Traffic Center program. As far as I can tell, it gains me an additional 3-5 FPS with very little visible cost.

It’s surprising that reducing texture size can lead to FPS boost. I always assumed it was mostly VRAM that it would affect. I should perhaps try a 4k to 2k reduction just for a test.
Are there two sets of textures in the FS Traffic install directory then?
Would be interesting to see any benchmarks that people do with FSLTL running FS Traffic models.

1 Like

Data has to move into and out of VRAM, and to and from system mass storage. All that consumes processing power.

1 Like

Reduced textures in both FSLTL and FS Traffic folders to 7GB each.

Planes still look beautiful and FSLTL populates the FS Traffic models great!

Will FSLTL ever provide us with reduced textures? Seems like it should be a pretty simple addition to implement.

On possibly a semi-related note - I was one of the people who encountered horrible frame rates with the latest release of the base models. I reverted back to V1.0 and my frame rates are back to normal.

One question - what do I need to do to have planes land? Plenty of jets taking off from KBOS but not a single one landing?

Yesterday, I flew into Munich and wow moment was seeing a Lufthansa a340 taxi out for departure. I believe, Lufthansa got a340s back to service only last week.

3 Likes

I have been using fsltl since its release, and what a fantastic add-on . I have noticed that at certain airports however no traffic appears, either live or historically parked . Has anybody else noticed this, or could someone please check or give an insight to the issue. In particular (Kos) LGKO, stock MSFS.
Traffic at major airports always appears, so I do not think I have a setup problem.
Thanks in advance

It could be the airline operating at those airports is not yet in FSLTL or the aircraft as well (certain model).

I have FSLTL and AIG both installed so when FSLTL does not find a model it falls back on AIG thus generally populating almost every airport I have seen.

Might want to give that a try.

Cheers,
Nish

Problem, I think is due to parking spot sizes in the default airport. I also don’t see any parked aircraft. But with the payware version you get to see them.

2 Likes

How you reduced textures?

1 Like

The same occur with Verona (LIPX). Default airport is a rubbish with no parked aircraft at all. The payware version, however, is plenty of parked planes. This happens due to parking size sites. Some default airports are the worst.

1 Like

Here I put you the link of the method which is very simple.

https://izn-flightsim.s3.amazonaws.com/textureoptimizer.html

4 Likes

FSLTL have said multiple times in the past that the current texture resolution is exactly how they like their textures and that they won’t change it nor provide a lower resolution as an alternative.

Luckily it’s not that hard to reduce the textures myself. It just takes about 30 minutes but you have to redo it everytime there’s an update to the base models.

1 Like

Is anyone else having issues with ATC dropping out or becoming impossible to repond to because of the overwhelming number of clearance requests? 9 times out of ten a flight is ruined because ATC fails and clearances don’t come fast enough for decent procedures

Yup it comes with the default ATC territory, you gotta be quick, attentive and multitask and don’t let it become a distraction.

I have the same problem, I just get my clearance first before starting the traffic injection so I don’t have to fight them.

2 Likes

I think I’ve finally found a sweet spot for running FSLTL & AI traffic at dense/busy airports like Ini’s EGLL (and elsewhere).

I bought a copy of FS Traffic, not for the controller, but just to access the models which are now supported in FSLTL (v1.3.6).

I spent all of last night in (sim) dev mode monitoring resources, latency, fps etc and mixing things up, model order, sim graphics settings etc.

I now have FSLTL injector prioritising FS Traffic models and filling in with FSLTL+AIG models and my system is now fluid at a dense airports (KJFK Asobo & Ini’s EGLL).

It involved using the new option in FSLTL config to prioritise FS Traffic models and using FSLTL + AIG models as fill in.

It also required me to optimise my graphics settings in sim (DX11, DLSS, TLOD 120, OLOD 160)
and in the case of ini’s EGLL, use the installer to switch from HD to SD textures (a big fps difference maker there), most clutter OFF, building interiors and people still ON (which all still looks great).

I run FSLTL injector with-
IFR 65, VFR 1, Static 2, radius air 150, radius ground 30

…and it’s finally all very fluid and stutter free, even in drone cam at high speed, both with VSYNC ON locked at 30, or VSYNC OFF with FPS left to float, which yields 48FPS at KJFK or 39FPS at Ini’s EGLL(V3).

System 5950 + 3090, @ 3840x2160 output, FSLTL injector v1.3.6, sat at gate in pmdg 737-800, clear skies, navigraph panel, GSX.

I’m not suggesting you all need to go buy FS Traffic for the models, but you all do need to work on optimising your sim around AI at dense airports and staying out of CPU limitation if you want fluid and predictable FPS with AI traffic.

9 Likes