FSReborn Sting S4

No topic on this yet? This looks very good and has some unique features, like a working ballistic emergency chute, wear and tear and even the chance to pop a tire:

Here is some more info on it:

14 Likes

Looks promising imo!

1 Like

Personal Comments

Hopefully some GTN750 integration - the default G3X is missing so many things, and while there’s a WT version, it doesn’t really move the needle that much.

1 Like

The middle display is gtn750.

I’m not sure about that. That green screen looks very much like the standard G3X MFD map view which is pretty much a copy of the VFR pop-up map.

I’d be excited if it weren’t for all the glass. But might still need to make an exception if it delivers.

1 Like

There where two prerelease streams on twitch, there is pms50 gtn750 in the middle screen. Look at beMint stream on twitch.

2 Likes

There are also screenies on the producer’s page (apparently Marketplace exclusive BTW): FSReborn by Flight sim Technologies

GTN clearly shown.

Ugh. There goes hopes of GTN750 mods or other community enhancements.

It will explicitly have PMS50 GTN support per the page I linked to. And I caught the dev saying on Avsim that he plans to support the other GTN via mod.

2 Likes

Carenado is Marketplace exclusive and supports the PMS GTN 750, not sure about TDS.

3 Likes

Yeah, hopefully they’ll support it out of the box.

It’s more the fact that Marketplace planes can’t be enhanced by the community. Imagine if there was something along the lines of the Bonanza improvement or A32NX for some of the Carenado planes… It would be nice if they’d encrypt enough files to protect the planes but leave config files accessible to customers. Jorg said they’d look into that for Premium planes, and it’d be nice if that trickled down to at least being an option for marketplace sellers, but I’m not holding my breath.

Anyway, this one looks cool. Might be a case of me at least buying it to try the ballistic parachute a few times. :slight_smile:

Well, no buy for me then.

1 Like

I’ll probably have to buy it anyway (even though I already learned my lessons with the Marketplace), simply because I doubt there will be equally high fidelity stick plane in a long while. I almost bought the RV-14 already, but gave that a pass on account of the glass when I heard SWS was working on RV-10 as a follow up (which theoretically might have steam gauge version).

Wear and tear tracking though…

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I am the developer of this aircraft, you can switch between GTN750 to the GSX3 or viceversa via the EFB with a simple click…

TDS will be supported via a MOD, I cannot put TDS by default + PMS750 at the same time via market place, it is something to do with MS terms and conditions, the aircraft is being made ready for XBOX and accordingly I need to offer outside of the BOX features for the product that would work on both platforms.

TDS is dependent of external Garmin trainers, which are not available on XBOX.

Thanks for the understanding,

Best,
Raul

12 Likes

@ MS

Please, please expedite the release of this aircraft to the Marketplace. There are many users dying to purchase it!

Thanks.

4 Likes

Let em through!!! We want the Sting S4!!!

Let’s make up for the lack of plane by discussing it:

Other than the parachute, is there anything that really sets this apart from the numerous side-by-side, low-wing, Rotax powered LSAs in real life?

Was it said somewhere what engine would this model? Choke and carburettor fuel starvation were mentioned so it’s not the injected 912iS but beyond that there are three options with different rated power.

If you want to see more details about the Sting S4, there is a trailer video, here. If you pause it when the EFB comes up you can see the amount of detail put into the plane for realism. You can set things like wear and tear on the tires, the need for oil changes and more. If you want a detailed review of it you can check out this video on TheFlyingFabio’s channel on Twitch. You’ll probably want to skip through it as the overall video is a little over 3 hours long, but you’ll get to see the amount of work put into the realism aspect if you are interested in things like maintenance needs and such.

1 Like

Add my vote Microsoft/Asobo, let’s get this plane approved and on the Marketplace!

1 Like