FSX Import Showcase

is there a file i can download id like to try this

You will need to convert things on your own, unless the owner of the craft does the conversion. We are avoiding distributing anything we don’t have the rights to distribute.

1 Like

Looks like my old model :slight_smile:

Ah rip, its so complex thats the problem, i downloaded one thing and i don’t know what do with it, something with visual studio, theres no videos online as far as i know showing how to do it.

There is a video linked in this thread : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkHDY5j6AyE

2 Likes

it can be overwhelming to start. But if you are interested, the hardest part is installing visual studio. Agate pointed to the video that someone shared earlier.

Once you have that installed the rest is pretty easy.

1 Like

it’s a visual studio project…you download the project, open it in visual studio (as if you were going to edit the project and make changes) and run it instead (green arrow at the top). this will build the program and create an EXE and launch it.

ah, i’ll go look for a hawk T-1 Model from fsx then to download and convert

Are you Chris Evans?

1 Like

I have make a Test and this is the result.

Goose:

P51:

Robin, but no Windows und not usable. CTD

Agusta Midland, not usable. CTD

Ultra Light:

Is someone who knows to convert from X-Plane to FS2020???

3 Likes

i don’t have FSX owned or downloaded but can i still do the conversion

going into the game now, i have put Typhoon F3 and a Hawk T-1 in the game, so lets see if it wants to work, EDIT, it didn’t work, anyone got suggestions i did everything and loaded in, the aircrafts weren’t there.

when you say they were not there, do you mean they were invisible?

or do you mean they were not an option in the aircraft selection?

Actually no, they weren’t an option in the aircraft section it was 21/21 which was the FA-18 i downloaded

I would make sure the file structure is correct then. Normally if you don’t see them in the list, that means you don’t have the paths set up correctly.

I think i downloaded incomplete FSX models that might be why, im downloading an F-14 Tomcat off of FlyAway but they turn the download speed for 443MB to 2 hours!

1 Like

Having a little test :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Okay so, i tried a 777 I downloaded and it appeared in the menu but upon trying to load into the game, it crashed :confused:

did you try viewing it in the hangar first?

here is the thing, the first time you load most of these craft it does a conversion process for some of the assets. this can hang up even a high end machine for a minute or so.

That is probably where you are crashing. it only runs the conversion process once (unless you delete the files…)

I do find that these converted planes are more intense to load than the stock ones. Probably has to do with the differences in the converted format versus the modern native format.

ah aight, i’ll view in the hangar in a sec. just rebooting the game