FSX Import Showcase

Hello,
nice to have this importer ! Thanks
But is anyone able to import a B737-800NG into MSFS ?
Would be nice if anyone can do this and release a Downloadable Pack.

Thanks
Matthias

we can’t realease it without the express consent of the creator try to find the creator and ask him if its ok to convert it and share it without that we can’t i’m afraid

Isn’t there any Freeware of a B737-800NG ?
I dont need any special Plane, i also do not need any instrument panel or other logic in the Airplane !
I just want to use it in my Homecockpit. So there is another software controlling the Airplane, not the Simulator itself.

Thanks

Could someone please make a step by step instructional video on exactly how to get the F18 from FSX to MSFS 2020. Or could somebody please type out the exact steps to follow. I converted it using the Plane conversion tool v1.1 and the plane conversion master tool. The F18 is frozen and wont move either in the air or on the ground. The only way to move it is slewing it. Please help me resolve this by writing out the exact steps 1 by 1. Thank you all so much

The converter tool just copies files for you and creates the layout.json to save you time. It doesn’t actually tst that the files will work or fix them to any new format. Every single conversion requires extra effort to tweak it after going through the conversion tool.

In this case, jet engines do not work right and afterburners in particular will prevent an aircraft from flying. So you need to edit the flight dynamics in order to get it working. This is a subjective task with no right or wrong answer, just what works for you. Even then, there will be major compromises like no working gauges and giant click spots.

Converted P-51D. 99% of cockpit instruments are working.

3 Likes

NIce job :smiley:

In the F18 aircraftcfg. coding, i set the values of the afterburners to 0 and deleted all afterburner related files. But it still wont move. Is there any other part of the configuration that might effect it. If anyone else has successfully converted the F18 or the IRIS F22 any advice would be tremendously helpful.

How did you get it to work? If they are XML gauges, could you share your secrets lol?

I tried to convert the default 737, CRJ-700 and Learjet 45. They all came with the same bug. The engine power seems to be unresponsive to thrust lever inputs. An example you can see below.

If you select full throttle, the engine power does not increase at all. If you put the levers back to idle and max power again, the engine power finally increases to 100%.

If you put the levers back to idle, the engine power does not decrease to less than 50%.

Jet engines are a known bug. The best workaround people have found so far is to copy some of the dynamics from a base aircraft and start tweaking from there

1 Like

Yeah I’ve only tried to convert gliders lol. I’ve got one working great, just need someone who knows how to fix the instruments

I don’t know. I only used the Plane Converter and I didn’t make any edits after the conversion made by the application.

1 Like

Oh ok. Yeah for me it didn’t make any difference from doing manually

2 Likes

One question, how do i get the engine to move? and props to spin??

Never discount old technology just because it is old - except maybe for stuff like semiconductors :slight_smile: Most Airbus flying today is based on 70/80s technology. including the semiconductors (even if more modern examples come out of the production line with more modern CPUs etc) CAD was only in it’s infancy in the 80s: CATIA - Wikipedia

I’m sure it would’ve been perfectly possible to do all the same details to a flight simulator model 15+ years ago - to what is possible to do today - everything would’ve been just a bit slower. :slight_smile:

1 Like

where could i possibly find the original F18 FSX flight dynamics code, or another aircraft code that i could use to conver the F18 for MSFS 2020

Where you get the ship?

Im trying to convert the official FSX F18 to work in MSFS 2020. I just dont know which exact configuration values to modify, and what number to modify them to.