Full G1000 control now with Mobiflight

The XCub also uses the G3X, with some rotating knobs below the screen.

I tested the Xcub G3x popped out onto a touch screen and it did not function. Sometimes a long touch would highlight something but I could not make it function.

Touch screen support in MSFS is really horrible. I’ve gotten it to register touches a few times, but I’d say 95% or more, it simply doesn’t work.

And as a bonus, once you touch the popped out window and give it focus, your yoke / stick and other controllers stop working in the main sim window until you click in the main sim window with your mouse again to give it back focus.

So I downloaded the latest this morning and did some testing in a few planes.
The Carenado 182, 172 G1000, Bonanza, Baron, Caravan, DA40 and DA62.
For the most part all functioned with some minor issues.
Baro is messed up in most and it is inconsistency in the sim.
182 Baro not turning G1000 - did not look at Standby.
172 Baro knob only turns Standby Alt
Bonanza Baro turns both G100 and Standby
Baron---- ■■■■ my notes on Baron just say same.
Caravan - Baro turns both
DA40 Baro only turns Standby
DA62 - Baro only turns G1000 - this is the correct way

Nav1 to Nav2 and Com1 to Com2 still switch with Vol knob but the also switch correctly when I have the tuning knob selected and press on the knobster. Touchscreen does not work for this.
I think it is fine the way it is unto you figure out how the Vol know should work then correct it.

Last thing
On the PFD the com and nav tuning work the way I think it should, when turning it it tunes the active radio. So if on NAv 1 it tunes the standby nav1. If on nav2 it tunes that one. The problem is on the MFD. It seams to always tune Nav1 or com 1 not the active radio. I found this to be the case in all planes.
The rest of the buttons seam to work fine, the ones that do not work are softkey selections of items that do not work in the sim so it is not your issue.
I did not test the SR22 but will try to do that with the next version.

Happy coding
Thanks

1 Like

I find my controllers still work when another screen is active. Keyboard does not work

My test setup. There is a knobster mounted in the middle in that dark spot. Also have a Streamdeck on the right side just in the frame.

1 Like

hello great, if you can send me a link From your Touch displays

Do you have flaps gear and trim on your displays its working with Touch?

Which Panel i must take for that?

Many thx.

Its possible i can get your Profil?

Not cheap, these are the ones I have along with a mount for each

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YXP683D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Try with the G3X or the TBM’s touch screen without having an external bezel from Air Manager. If you can get it to register a touch in that popped out window (regardless what monitor it’s on) and give it focus, your peripherals stop working.

You can do this with a mouse as well. Pop out a touch-enabled instrument on your main monitor, and activate something within that window with your mouse without moving your mouse out of the window. Your peripherals will stop working.

1 Like

That is what I was doing. I popped out the G3x screen, pulled it to my touchscreen and touched it. Controllers still worked. I have flown many times where the focus in on my other monitor as I’m doing something there and flying with my joystick. The problem I run into is I’m flying with focus on another screen and I start pressing keys to lower gear or flaps and it is not working because focus is other screen which now has garbage typed on it

Very odd. If I give a touch screen focus, my peripherals stop working. Even just moving the mouse into a popped out window will do it.

In any case, this is not a very well fleshed out feature in the sim as of yet.

1 Like

I will test it again next time I’m playing. I do not fly planes with touch screens in them very often.

Same. The only one I fly regularly is the TBM.

I’m pretty sure that on the G1000 IRL when setting frequencies on both COM and NAV that all frequency changes are done on the Standby FREQUENCIES , then you swap the STDBY and ACTIVE. I’ll check to ensure tuning is behaving correctly in all cases later today.

If someone can confirm it is NOT supposed to be that way I can change it, but it is this way on older radio stacks like the king Kx-155

This is how all aviation radios work as far as I’m aware. You never tune the active channel. It’s always the standby that gets dialed in and then you swap frequencies to make the standby the active.

That is the way it is working, it changes the standby of the active radio. The MFD is always changing the standby on COM1 or NAV1. The PFD works correctly.

Played with the Carenado 182 and the G1000 overlay. I noticed the same thing as @brlowe1965 with the <–> MFD key actually swapping the PFD frequencies.

Clicking the VOL buttons is for cycling squelch on and off for the respective radio, it should not swap frequencies. Probably has no function in the sim.

Pushing the HDG knob to sync the HDG bug is also activating the AP HDG mode and it should not do that, it is just for HDG Sync.

I don’t have a lot of RL experience with the G1000, especially with the softkey functionality.

All of this was with plain vanilla G1000, I was not running the Working Title G1000.

Coming along great! @XAxSys That G1000 is certainly more complex than the GNS530.

Just wanted to thank both you and @XAxSys for your efforts, sure that refinement will take time, been waiting so long for these bezels. The irony is that I’ve just swapped my graphics card to an RX 6800 and I’m getting CTDs when undocking the GPS screens due to poor AMD drivers :grin:

Speaking of undocking the screens, would sure be nice if there was an automated way to do this.