Fundamentally wrong flight dynamics on swept wing aircraft

I miss the Turbine Duke… What a pocket rocket.

1 Like

To be honest I was a bit disappointed about the video. I was hoping for a demonstration but essentially it was in-flight footage of a nice trip unrelated to the topic you talked about in the meantime. This could have been a podcast or article, too.

Sorry that you didn’t find it relevant in some way.

The YouTube review is of a mod by a developer to improve the poor flight dynamics of the Beechcraft Bonanza G36. How is this not related to the thread topic?

Stalls spins and aerobatics will be covered in the next (shorter) video if that’s what you mean?

Hi all

I’ve made a video demonstrating a 1) clean stall and 2) stall in landing config in the excellent Rob Young modified Bonanza G36 Turbo. Interesting results!

Then some dramatic looking live weather which turned to serious IMC as I made an approach into Leon LELN

Once again - great looking weather graphics but very little associated turbulence. Boo.

Cheers

Captain Moore

Why is this video labeled stalls & spins?
I didn’t see any spin and no, your clean stall wouldn’t have turned into a spin later on.

This is completely off topic though, did you actually read the contents of this thread or just the title? this thread is about wrong flight dynamics on swept wing aircraft, causing the CP to be far in front of the CG. The Beechcraft (and all other straight / tapered wing GA aircraft) are not affected by this bug.

I have topics specifically for broken stall dynamics and other flight model related problems, see this topic for example:

3 Likes

You have an aggressive and unpleasant attitude.

To satisfy your pedantry I have changed the title of the video to:

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Stalls & Incipient Spins in the Bonanza G36 Turbo

Google Incipient Spin :slight_smile:

Agreed, because that’s not what a Bonanza would do in a wing level power off stall, but that’s an issue with the underlying code and not so much Mr. Young’s talents.

Looks more like a spiral dive as opposed to a (incipient) spin to me…

Elevator deflection is reduced as a factor of load factor in MSFS to “simulate” g-force and increased stick force. You can only see this in the developer mode as the in-game yoke will mimic your joystick position and is not a direct indication of control surface deflection in the sim.

They have overdone this effect to the point that it becomes impossible to pull an aircraft into an accelerated stall, spin or even maintain altitude in a steep turn as elevator deflection is insufficient at higher speed and / or load factor.

Trust me, we know what an incipient spin entails, no need to Google it.

2 Likes

That’s your impression because I dared to point out that your video and the thread title are showing an unpleasant lack of knowledge.

You are a real pilot since more than 15 years and you don’t know what a spin and/or an incipient spin is. No wonder you are considering my post pedantic. I’d call it essential and basic knowledge.

Wrong again. And you are asking me if I am an armchair pilot…

edit: If pilot training would still include (IMO essential) spin training, I’m pretty sure that such dangerous mistakes wouldn’t occur :frowning:

1 Like

It’s quite obvious to me that you have no actual flying qualifications so I’m going to put you on my ignore list.

Bye bye!

In case you don’t know; Overconfidence is the greatest killer in aviation.
I strongly suggest to improve your knowledge ASAP.
Presently you are a danger to everyone in your aircraft and especially on ground!

Btw. If you put everyone who has no actual flying qualification on your ignore list, this forum will be a pretty deserted place for you. :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m also getting quite allergic of all the misinformation on this forum from people who either claim they are real world pilots or have a couple of hours on a Cessna under their belt and think they are “gods gift to aviation”.

@PZL104 is one of the very few people on this forum who has consistently shown to have thorough knowledge about aviation and I have no doubt about his credentials. If you look around on the forum you will quickly see he is a respected member and offers good advice and information across the forum.

Regarding stall dynamics, this thread is more on topic:

9 Likes

I must say it’s good to see you active on here again, hoping the break you took from the forums was a relaxing one.

1 Like

Still haven’t reinstalled FS2020 though :sweat_smile:, sometimes I have some spare time during turn around so I’ll check whats going on here :joy:.

1 Like

Plonk.

Filter adjusted.

Please make sure to upvote this thread. Having a properly modelled center of lift / CG position is very important for a lot of different reasons (aircraft stability, fuel consumption, stall modelling, aircraft performance in general…) . This needs to be fixed to have a sensible flight behaviour.

Is this fixed or still an issue?

I think in one update they’ve stated about the modern flight model as in how different surfaces life changes and in some cases of stall they have essentially no lift, does that fixed the flight dynamics? Have to say being someone who only flies airliner and don’t bother do all these stalling stuffs and never flew a plane IRL I have no idea what will it feel in real plane

No I believe nothing has changed, the problem is with swept wings, when adding a sweep angle something goes wrong. This does not only influence the stall dynamics, it has an effect on overall stability, ground effect etc. It basically influences the whole flight is envelope.