G-SYNC causes subtle yet rapid flickering

Try to turn off VSync in MSFS and set VSync to “Fast” in nVidia control panel.
The problem is that if MSFS falls under the minimum VRR for your monitor (30 or 48 Hz) GSync turns off and you are left with the VSync setting of your card. As for the flickering, probably your unit is GSync certified but not for the “ultimate” experience. Check here: GeForce G-SYNC Monitors: Manufacturers & Specs

Have you tried downgrading the video driver. Worked for me and others.

the same for me, with the 461.72 driver I had flickering and stuttering with Gsync compatibility on my AOC CU34G2X, I just reverted to the 460.89 driver and the flickering disappeared and fluidity returned.

Are you saying to keep gsync on and to also set vsync to fast at the same time?

If your monitor is GSync Ultimate you can keep VSync ON or Fast, along with GSync ON. The VSync setting will kick in only when the framerate falls out of the VRR range anyway.
But if you have a GSync compatible monitor that does not comply 100% with nVidia Ultimate specifications, you will have brightness flickering with this game and you’d better keep GSync OFF.

I don’t know what the difference is between Gsync and Gsync Ultimate. Gsync is supposed to synchronize the GPU and the monitor. Whatever the frame rate is from the GPU, Gsync changes the monitor’s refresh rate to match. Each frame is displayed correctly by the monitor.

Vsync syncronizzes the stream of frames so that each frame starts at the top of the display. It is possible for the GPU to send a frame to the monitor before the previous frame is completely displayed. The previous frame is trashed by the incoming frame. Vsync prevents this from happening.

Theoretically Vsync is not needed when using Gsync. Gsync always presents each frame starting at the top. Use Gsync if you have it and turn off Vsync.

These are the differences between compatible and fully certified monitors:

This is the monitor list with the respective certification: GeForce G-SYNC Monitors: Manufacturers & Specs

My monitor is just "G-SYNC’ (the middle one).

When turning on g-sync I get some minor flickering on occasion (probably when FPS dips below a certain threshold and g-sync stops working). When also turning on v-sync (fast in nvidia CP) with g-sync, it makes absolutely no difference. So I’ll just turn off v-sync and save a few FPS.

I guess I have to live with the occasional flicker and sometimes choppy menu. The most annoying thing is that the cursor is tied to the monitor refresh rate when g-sync is enabled, so it feels a little choppy.

My monitor is listed as “Gsync Ultimate”. No wonder why it was so expensive! When I was shopping for a monitor, I didn’t know anything about the different specs except 4K and HDR. And Gsync works with NVIDIA cards which I have. I’ve learned a lot over the past few months about frame rates and everything that goes into making a stream of video frames.