G1000 NXi now in the marketplace

is there supposed to be a flight path marker on the NXi (or the 0.4.0 github version)? I’ve lost the meatball on the C172 from pre-upgrade but I hadn’t necessarily kept it up to date so I may have missed a change.

So your suggestion is to use the NXI from the MP over using the github 0.4.0 version?

So there seems to be a kernel issue with Nxi according to Scorpion (PMS50 developer of GNS530 and GTN750 avionics packages)… If you change CDI, it’s not reflected on HSI. In general, there seems to be a couple of compatibility issues with the GTN750, unfortunately. If you guys could get together and hammer out those issues, it would be lovely! Here is what he said:

The sim’s kernel that manages all the sim’s state and the flight plan.
A GPS send orders or modifiy variables to the sim and in return they modify their own state by reading from the sim kernel.
ex adding a WP to thFP is just an order sent to the kernel. Then the GPS reads the new flight plan continously from the kernel and displays it in the screen. So any modification by any GPS is synchronized.
Currently the Nxi doesn’t report any flight plan modification to the kernel and do not read from it (except at startup). So if you add a waypoint from the GTN, this will not be in the nxi flight plan. This is not sync.

4 Likes

Awesome job WT, watched your VNAV approach videos on YouTube and will be a customer for sure!

Is this mod the first one to make autopilot coupled VNAV work or have the likes of the CJ4 and Flybywire A320 already got that functionality? Just asking out of curiosity as I mainly fly GA in the sim.

Vnav works in the cj4, it does not currently work in the default or FBW a320

1 Like

I’m using this on the xbox and it works well in the 208. I like it a lot. On PC I only used the stock Garmin if I ever used a G1000 at all.

Only downside is nonfunctional user waypoints, but I guess this will be sorted eventually.

Thanks Rob! I’m still using your G3000 in the TBM - won’t fly that one without it. Hopefully you can get the OBS activated there too. I’ll owe you a beer when that happens!

Can you guys possibly help me figure out why the new NXi works great in my 172’s, but won’t render at all in any of my G36 repaints? All my repaints are from Baron58, and he has custom panel files in there. What do I have to edit to get this amazing GPS working on my G36’s?
EDIT - the Bonanza Improvement Project has also been removed, as it made all of my G36’s ‘hollow shells’ after SU5…

SOOOOOO NICE being able to type in a DIRECT TO destination!

• After ACTIVATING a DIRECT TO destination the ‘ACTIVATE?’ screen does not go away.

• After opening the FLP screen, it will not close by re-pressing FLP. It stays open.

• Using the Inner KNOB does not bring up the pages: I’m looking for the NEAREST screens for NEAREST: VOR, AIRPORT, etc.

The NXi is beautiful!!! Absolutely love it! Can’t wait for all of the features to be ironed out.

I am using two external 15” touchscreens for the popped-out NXi panels, surrounded by Air Manager bezels. They work great and seemingly aren’t quite as “expensive “ in terms of frame rate to pop out as the old G1000s. Maybe it’s just a placebo though.

@kaosfere4829

One issue I do notice that might not be readily obvious is that when the panels are popped-out on my extra monitors, you can see a ghosting of the scenery behind the white parts of the engine displays on the MFD. I have a Tobii eye tracker using a 3rd party intermediary software and especially noticed the ghosting of the panning scenery/plane showing through the white parts as I move my head around. Almost like the white lettering and symbols have a thin transparent halo around them. Only on the MFD engine parts of the display though. Hope that makes sense.

I haven’t filed a zendesk report because this package seems like it’s more alpha/beta. Let me know if you need more info.

Edit: I should mention this is only tested on the Asobo Baron G58. Haven’t tried anything else with the NXi yet.

Edit 2: also, when popped out, the displays don’t go black when battery is turned off. The ones in the 3D cockpit do, just not the popped out ones

Good morning,

Sorry for my ignorance, but here is my concern.

I can’t make the cursor arrow appear when I press the “Range/push pan” Knob like I used to do with the g1000 by default.

Is there something I’m not doing correctly?

Thanks for your help

That’s been asked over on the WT Discord. Panning hasn’t been enabled yet.

Remember, this mod is EARLY ACCESS. There will be a lot of missing functionality and there will be bugs. The good news is WT will be updating it on a weekly basis, so we’ll be getting updates on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Thanks for these informations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does the NXI work well with the GTN750?

How fast will Microsoft approve new updates to Marketplace?

So how does this work exadtly do I just install itand it will replace the defaults ? I also noticed that its also for xbox available. Another question is how would you remove it if you dont like it after all ? Which in turn makes me ask how do you remove something you installed from the marketplace ? Maybe im overlooking it lol

WT are a first party partner. They’ll have their stuff pushed to the front of the publishing queue, much like Aerosoft’s updates to the CRJ are.

You remove it in the content manager.
I had to remove it yesterday because when used with the GTN 750 it made the screens too dark. Apparently, the GTN developer released a new version that fixes that but I didn’t reinstall the NXi again yet to test it.

Thanks, I indeed overlooked that. So simple pfff. Gues i really am getting old lol

Yes, the Velocity Vector/Flight Path Marker is gone from NXi. They hope to return it, but no timeframe. I miss my VV.