G1000 on all Prop Planes Still Cuts off After 2 Minutes

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone is experiencing this also. On all GA Prop planes, after flying for about 1-3 minutes, my G1000 screens go blank and there’s nothing I can do to restart them, except to reset the flight.
This is a problem that I have had prior to SU5. But I was hoping that it would be cured by the update or hotfix, but no such luck.

I have already gone thru the process to see if any of my hardware would be interfering in any way, but could not find anything.

One things that is different with this issue since SU5, is that now, I no longer get a warning on the G1000 screen saying that I’m on “Standby Batt”. Now it just goes blank after 2 minutes.

Anyone experiencing this too?

Thanks.

Two things… First, start with an empty Community folder. Second, make sure your alternators/generators are on after starting. The switches aren’t always obvious, as in the DA62, where they’re on a different section of the panel from the engine master switches.

1 Like

Hi tclayton2k,

Thanks for the quick input.
Yes, my Community folder is empty. I have no addons. And a far as starting & ensuring that the alt/gens are on…they are. I also ensure that there’s no conflict with my Honeycomb yoke switches. My install is all default without any mods of any kind.

And actually, this is an ongoing problem for me since SU2! I’ve posted in the past, but unfortunately no one has been able to help. Some have told me though, that it is a known issue and that some people suffer from it. but that’s about it.

Thanks.

Total shutdown, engines and systems? Or just the avionics? All fights, free world, Bush, Landings etc etc?

Not at the sim right now but one thing I found when experiencing similar.

Once during a Bush flight thing, the Sierra Nevada one, on about the 4th or 5th leg. Take off get to about 2000’ and everything kept shutting down. Kept trying and and same thing. Ended up it was fuel. There was no fuel gauge and the quick menu doesn’t allow the “fuel and weight” button on the Bush trips but when I finally went to the outside view and the heads up gauges appeared, yep not fuel. I thought the Bush Flight experience was supposed to take care of that and no way to refuel on the ground, you can’t even use the radio. So I added a hotkey for the “refuel and repair” cheat and was able to refuel that way.

Hi StingerHodges,

No, it’s not a total shutdown, the only thing that fails is the G1000 on all aircraft equipped with it. Even in the Flight Challenges. And yes, plenty of fuel. Yes, its conundrum that I’ve been dealing with for over 6 months. Without any resolution.

I did, however, get a suggesting today from a couple of people on the forums to just install the G1000 NXI from the Marketplace. And if it solves the problem, it’ll be kind of a “workaround solution”. I’m going to try as soon as I have chance, and I’ll report back.

Thanks a bunch for input.

I’m having the exact same issue. Started for me after SU5. Tried to do discovery flight and then G1000 went out… Comm folder is empty as well. I’m using TCA hardware. Haven’t tried the NXI yet.

That’s all I fly is the aircraft with G1000 and I have not had this issue at all. I’ve used both the WT 4.0 and the NXi setup with no issues

I use the stock G1000 since I love the OBS function, but I haven’t had that happen to me either. I just did an hour+ flight from KDKX to KGSO in the no-pod Caravan yesterday with no issues - other than almost missing my own airport’s runway… :crazy_face:

1 Like

I have that issue on XBOX. TBM 930. With garmin g1000 or g3000 i dont know.
After 30 min all screens pfd 1, mfd, pfd 2 just turn off. All batt and gen are working, switch on. I have g1000 NXi. Same issue i have seen on the Airbus a320. I dont know why its happend

The TBM runs the G3000 suite. I would say try the Working Title mod for that one, but you’re on a console.

With me, it only happened on the prop planes using the G1000. All my Turbo props and jet were not affected.

Mario

1 Like

Same things on the Cessna 172 Grand Caravan. Just in the middle of the flight all screens off. But radio, AP, HDG still working. Maybe its just a bug with garmin g1000nxi update and it will affected in all version both g1000 and g3000. And maybe it affected on MCDU and all screens PFD, ECAM etc. on A320N. Cause i have same issue on a320. Just on AP, FL300, and all screens just turn off. Bad thing.

Same here, after 2 minutes all planes.

1 Like

My planes that have the Garmin 1000 nix are the ones that have the screens turning dark after 2 minutes. Planes with the 1000 are still working. I guess the solution is to uninstall Garmin 1000 nxi??

Hi, I am still having this problem too. Still only happens with planes that have the G1000. And in my case, I do not have any Mods installed, just the default G1000 that comes with MS2020 and it still does it.

Mario

Quick test: Unplug your hardware before starting the sim. Start the aircraft using just the mouse by clicking the buttons in the cockpit, or just load in on the runway so its already running. Do the screens still go dark after 2 min?

I’m almost positive that this is an issue with some controller interfering with the generator and/or battery switches. Did you happen to notice if there were positive or negative amps on the battery on the right side display before it goes dark? Should show positive with generators off, negative with generators on.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip BubblyDruid56, I will try it. It sounds like a very good suggestion that makes sense.

Mario

I had the same issue. Unplugged Thrustmaster Airbus Cpatain peripherals (throttle and joystick) and G1000 didn’t switch off. I will now investigate which button is causing the issue.

1 Like

Hi Bartman, thanks for the update. Even w/o my Thrustmaster peripherals on, oddly, I still have the problem. I do, however, also have the TCA Boeing peripherals connected, as well as the Honeycomb yoke & throttles. So, I guess that it could be one of them causing this also. if I resolve, I will let you know.

Regards,

Mario

Fly C172 with G1000. Have same issue! Blank avionics after bout 2 minutes. No master bat or alt conflicts, just goes blank. Need to stop and restart.