G2 Firmware Upgrade

So I was greeted this morning with a firmware upgrade (apparently non-optional) in WMR for my Reverb G2. Took longer than I would have expected (wasn’t timing, but maybe 4-5 minutes), but no info, release notes, or anything else.

In conjunction with the new OXR upgrade, I’m setting repro to auto just, well, because, but have no idea what to expect. All that combined with yesterday’s sim update amounts to a LOT of fairly poorly documented changes in a very short amount of time.

Now, on the one hand, updates (usually) are progress, right? But, on the other, the complete lack of information, release notes, or even a heads up that all this stuff was incoming at essentially the same time has me a bit nervous I must confess.

Has anyone else seen the G2 firmware update? And does anyone have any thoughts overall on what all this might mean when all is said and done? @CptLucky8, you know I’m gonna want your input here, too!

And… GO!!!

1 Like

you should post this in the VR section

Where do you check for the update?

I was not prompted for a firmware update.

I didn’t “check”, per se, it just popped up when I started WMR. Didn’t ask me, didn’t give me a choice, just told me to wait.

And as far as posting this in the VR section, I thought I was. Go figure.

:man_shrugging:

No update for me as well. What the heck.

Topic moved to VR Hardware and Performance:

1 Like

Likewise. Nothing here either.

I dunno guys. Seems I might be special, but if it makes you feel better, I didn’t notice anything overt on my end like massively better performance or anything like that. So unless mine downloaded because it was the current version but somehow got corrupt, then I haven’t a clue why I’m getting it and nobody else seems to be.

@Nyx1819

I believe this is not a “Hardware & Performance problem in VR with FS2020”…

… but a “Hardware & Performance problem with WMR” instead.

The VR forum needs specific hardware sub-categories per headset ecosystem

@KevyKevTPA I didn’t plug the G2 and might not plug it for a few days (until I receive the facemask mod), but for any such announcement I believe the best place is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/

Have you noticed any change to performance after the firmware update?

Haven’t noticed anything, performance or otherwise. Though I tend to fly in real weather, so I’ve spent a LOT of time either in the soup, or above the top of the clouds, so I suppose I can’t be sure I would have noticed anything yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.