G36 Improvement Project

I didn’t look at the generic single piston engine files, however. Not sure how those are used.

I tried changing those, and copying the elevatortrim fields from those to the G36 files with no results.

@kaosfere4829 I’m working on the checklists for the G36 and have come up to a small prob that I’m hoping you might be able to help with. My problem is not related to your mod :slight_smile:

The POH wants us to check the BUS 1 & 2 voltages when only battery 1 is turned on. This puts the PFD in Reversionary Mode. I’m checking the voltage on the PFD and can’t find the correct Instrument Id to get the camera to focus on the instrument.

If I use

<Instrument Id="HTML:AS1000_PFD:Piston_Bus_E"/>

it just blanks the PFD as I’m assuming that there is no instrument of that ID, it works if I change PFD to MFD.

Do you have a handy list of instrument ID’s? Or know where to get them? Alternatively do you know the instrument ID for the Reversionary Mode voltages?

Regards

Matt

Nothing to add, other than say I’m amazed, and encouraged by the effort being put into modding this aircraft.

Thanks to all the people with the skills to do it.

5 Likes

So if we use with with the G1000 v2 mod it won’t work?

Reason I ask is because even with mixture leaned (hard to tell where cause no EGT), I only get 145 kias / 162 ktas at 8000 ft. That seems slow. ISA conditions and max gross.

EDIT: Disregard my second question… I had your previous fixes installed (they were under a different name)…and cancelling out the mod.

Gt1000 mod v2 will be compatible with the next version of the G36 improvement mod. I will push the compatibility update to the dev branch on GitHub tonight!

9 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!

I recall seeing a fix for the abysmal landing and taxi lights too, could that be integrated? I’m actually trying to find it at the moment but no joy

2 Likes

Is this the case at all ground roll speeds? If you have quite some lift and you are working the rudders on takeoff/landing then having the ailerons coupled is not a good idea I suppose? So is there a max speed? Is the position ratio 1:1? I suppose not. I read on some forum that there always is a physical connection, even in the air.

I’m currently implementing this feature, but have no idea what I am doing as you can tell :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is already part of the dev-branch… :slight_smile:

You can check out/test new features using this build, but for normal flying the release version is recommended!

https://github.com/TheFrett/msfs_g36_project/tree/dev-version

3 Likes

Yes, at all ground speeds. It works really well, because at the faster speeds you would never put in full rudder on the ground. In other words when working the rudders at takeoff speeds the actual pedal movement with your feet is a lot less than making a 180° turn while taxiing out of a parking spot on the ramp. Hopefully that makes sense. Hard to quantify unfortunately, since it is a springy bungee cord type attachment. Really makes for a nice flying airplane. Can almost leave your feet on the floor making coordinated turns in the air.

I still seem to be not getting a full flaps approach properly. Any one care to explain their power settings for an approach with gear down, full flaps, and ~3000lbs gross weight? I can’t help but feel like the plane is falling out of the sky and I need almost full power just to maintain a proper glideslope. Also mixture is on auto just to eliminate that factor.

@LivingFood, Here is a configuration chart that works very well in the airplane. It is the same one taught by FlightSafety, ABS, Beechcraft, etc. The nice thing is it makes for very little power changes on approach and using configuration (gear and flaps) to slow to the appropriate speeds.

Normally all approaches are made with flaps at the middle approach setting, and then only selecting FULL once landing is ensured (i.e. at minimums on an ILS).

18" of MP, Gear DN, Flaps at middle APR setting. This should yield 110 kts and is held until going full flaps on short final. This will slow the plane down closer to 80 kts.

6 Likes

Thanks. We will just have to test the ‘feel’ then once I have a basic working example and go from there…

2 Likes

Thanks for this, I think my problem is configuring with full flaps way too early, so my approach speed is <80 for a mile or two instead of just using full flaps to slow down before landing. Much appreciated!

1 Like

I have what may be a dumb question at this stage of the game, but I can’t figure it out. I know some of you have figured the new folder structure of things.

I installed the performance file mentioned way above here. I also just downloaded a livery for the G36. How do I know when using the new livery it will use the improved performance files. Is it automatic or is there some more tweaking I need to do to make the 2 work together?

Does the pitot warning annunciate?

its further up in the thread, but no it doesn’t in real life on the g36

no i mean use the annunciator to test if it works with his liveries

I’ve created a PAC chart for G36 in the How To’s… hope that helps with some of the power settings

5 Likes