G36 Improvement Project

Is it possible to intergrate a “both” option in the fuel selector for longer flights? Because its slightly annoying having to check all the time.

Hey @Leonstyx4272

Its probably not something that we’ll look at doing as this isn’t in the actual G36. Managing fuel burn across the two tanks is integral to the real aircraft, sorry.

5 Likes

Not a problem, ill just get used to some better fuel management. I have also noticed that there is some sort of state saving already implemented? Because every time i load into the aircraft all the switches are already on. Is it possible somehow to change that to cold and dark for the time being until the bonanza hangar gets implemented?

@Leonstyx4272

I do share your pain though! :slight_smile: I normally run one tank down to an increment on the gauge then swap. I’ve got better at planning and normally end up with not too large an offset between tanks. Its fun to try and get it level :slight_smile:

Alright ill keep that in mind when flying thanks!

I read a tip which I always use now and it’s quite simple.
Using an analogue clock/watch, when the minute hand is on the right side (i.e. 1 - 30) use the right tank. When on the left side (31-60) use the left tank.
Of course you have to be able to find an analogue clock… or convert a digital!!!

3 Likes

You can also use the timer in the PFD, every 15 minutes switch tanks and reset the timer, keeps them nice and balanced.

A great tip, thank you!

Quick question. Is it just me or is the aircraft a bit underpowered? Because earlier today i was doing a flight from LSZR to LOWI and had to cruise at FL120 to get over the alps but the aircraft couldn’t make it up there. The load was 87kg fuel and around 250kg payload. Any idea why this could’ve been caused? Also i was using the FLC so it was climbing at 100kts as it says in the manual. The climb up to around 4000ft is really high with around 1800ft/min and then at around 8000 it drops to around 800ft/min and then after around 11000 ft it just stops climbing all together.

Yeah, it can be slightly annoying. I did send a Zendesk request to be able to assign a bind to tank switching (I didn’t see any). A toggle control button or keyboard shortcut would help a lot here.

Any thoughts on the aircraft being underpowered? Sorry not trying to be pushy or critical.

@Leonstyx4272

Hey, this is the power curve we have at the moment, this is a snapshot of the aircraft at 25" or full throttle, and 2500rpm and 20°C Rich of Peak with 1542kg average cruise weight.

As you can see the power does fall off slightly more that we’d like from around 13,000ft but overall from sea level to 16,000ft we are just 0.22knts and 1g/h out from book figures. These are average numbers after 10 runs.

What power settings were you running? Prop settings etc?

1 Like

The power was at full throttle and 2700 rpm at all times.

We’re you leaned at all? Once up around 10,000ft + you need to be pretty aggressive. It is a normally aspirated engine without a turbo.

You mean the angle of attack? I just had it on FLC 100kts so the AP kept adjusting to match the 100kts. The specs say max altitude is around 18 000 ft but is it even possible to reach that altitude?

Hey, no the red mixture leaver; you will need to pull this back as you get higher.

The fuel air mixture needs to be adjusted to match the rarefied air the higher you get. If you leave the aircraft unleaned you will see the problem you are having. Essentially the aircraft is getting too much fuel against the lack of air in the atmosphere.

If you use the NXi on the MFD there is a lean assist page, pull the red mixture leaver back until the EGT gauge peaks then you can choose to run either rich of peak or lean of peak from there.

ohh i never thought of that at all. Ill have to make sure i check that the next time i fly. Thank you for your help.

No problem, there are some great videos on YouTube about leaning aircraft :slight_smile:

Great! I will make sure to watch some.

1 Like

These are good ones

3 Likes