GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Anybody wants to try the new regional bgl based version…? Please send a PM - limited time offer and only if you really want to test - plan is that the version should be out in a few days. It is NOT the real time version yet, but an updated version with more fishing boats, ferries, etc, and some additional routes but most importantly the routes packed according to region to help those who have had issues with freezing. It is the same ship package which will hopefully very soon be the base for the real time. There are both new new ships and old ships which have come back after I left them out in the first conversion from FSX/P3D. Below some of the old ones which have come back…

Canadian Icebreaker by Jean Pierre Fillion

Spanish navy vessel Juan Carlos I by Alberto Garcia

Canadian ferry F A Gauthier by Jean Pierre Fillion

Replica of the HMS Bounty made by Milton Shupe.

23 Likes

Great news! And bummer I’d have loved to help but I’m back to work tomorrow :frowning:

1 Like

Me, me me please!:partying_face::pray::grinning:

1 Like

You have been PM’ed… :smiley:

1 Like

I would like to test too if possible since I’m one of those who get the loading freeze with the current version.

Thanks!

I was waiting for you to write

Thanks, I’ll follow your instructions and report back.

1 Like

Well that was fast:

GAIST Ultra added.

+ EUWEST: 10/10 OK
+ AFRICA: 1/10 OK, second loading, freeze.

Since it is completely random, I’m almost sure it could have happened only with EUWEST added. :sleepy:
I’m trying to make it freeze only with EUWEST now, might take a while… or not. :sweat_smile:

It is most likely saving it in the cache so despite that you removed EU it still has it

are we close to real time:)?

1 Like

Christmas on Sunday???

06 June 2022:

I think since then maybe there have been some serious show stopping issues with MSFS which hampered development and have not been openly commented on. So we wait…

it is just a huge project which we all do in our leisure time; personally I have been out for three weeks focusing completely elsewhere, but tomorrow or the latest on Saturday I will launch the updated regional BGL version which also include all new ships for the Real Time Version and then we are a big step closer… Only thing missing for that is to write the documentation text.

27 Likes

short answer: No and not this year :wink:

long answer: The release date / timeframe has not yet been decided since there are still some open points on the technical side we have to finish before we can release it.
With the release of the BGL version in a few days we can now start with the implementation of a “hybrid modus” allowing us to have ships BGL based in the Sim, that do not send out any AIS signal (military). In the end it is all about tweeking and making sure the product works as planed.

5 Likes

Take the time you need, since rushing is bad and the thread of complaints will end and it’s free. merry christmas

3 Likes

To complement Kaiii’s comment… One of the last remaining tasks from my side was to move the centerpoint of the models… In itself not a big task, takes 2-5 minutes per ship in Blender… but there are 850 models… :smiley: And next you need to test and that takes 15-30 minutes per batch of four models :smiley: So why do we move it… Because in FSX where many models had their start it had to be add the backend of models to avoid collisions between the longer ships when they met on the same route, in P3D it should be in the middle because the ships would move with the waves around their centerpoint… this was also all good for MSFS even if waves unfortunately don’t influence ships in MSFS… BUT… with the Real Time Traffic the center point of the model needs to be where the AIS transmitter tells the ship is… and that is usually not the middle of the ship but the location of the bridge… Like on the ship beneath… neither in the middle, nor at the rear end…

11 Likes

I promise you we don’t stress and luckily we can test inbetween and see how fantastic it looks even if we have things to do…

6 Likes

wait I think I know that location - home xD should be some german navy be around as well :wink:

3 Likes

Good to know because there are currently some smaller vessels that may not have AIS and I was wondering what would happen to them. Like this one :wink:

3 Likes

Looking good!