GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Followed the work around. Once again thankyou. All is working again!

1 Like

Yes but this is the 75th page with a lot of discussion in it.

Which post exactly is the workaround?

Thanks!

Update: Despite of the workaround Iā€™m still running into the hanging up issue oh well. Guess Iā€™ll need to completely disable it and wait for an update!

I will try to discribe what I did:

Download MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe
Place it in your gaist-ultra-BETA folder.
Go to gaist-ultra-BETA-scenery folder
You see a lot of file with region indications in the name
I moved all bgl files with Africa an Asia in its file name to a temp folder outside the Gaist folder.
When done drag the old layout.sjon on top of the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe and let it rebuild
Take sonly second.
Then your done.
Dont just remove a couple of files but remove all filles not directly needed

Get file from GitHub - HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator: A drag-and-drop application for updating layout.json files in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) packages.

Hope I dindt forget any steps. It looks complicated but it is straight forward.
Use Littlenavmap to check for ships in your region and make shure you have the MSFS ships settings at correct level.

1 Like

How many route areas do you have active? Iā€™ve caused a lockup when I had two areas active. If you have multiples active, try cutting back to just one and see how that goes.

Only one route enabled in the addonlinker!

Everything you need to know is there if you read through it. Itā€™s not just a simple download fix , you have to do things yourself.

Did you use the precompiled routes folder that is linked in the conversation at Avsim?

Yes thatā€™s what I used why?

@moderators

Why has this topic been moved to North America, United States? GAIST is a global addon.

Just checking because others have not realised that it is needed. Without each of the route folders being separately compiled with their own layout.json file the workaround will not work properly.

itā€™s not moved, those are just tags. New forum structure is still a work on progress

It hasnā€™t moved to North America.

It has moved to #third-party-addon-discussion
The tag ā€œNorth Americaā€ was added, among others, to make it better findable.

1 Like

a ā€œGlobalā€ tag would be better in this case, since GAIST is not limited to north-america or the US.

3 Likes

Maybe he got confused by the ā€˜Great Lakesā€™ in the title and assumed it was just a Great Lakes mod despite the earlier ā€˜Globalā€™ bit? :person_shrugging:

1 Like

ah well, itā€™s fixed now :slight_smile: Back to waiting for the next update

15 Likes

_exactly _

1 Like

I saw a ship today that had offest wake and offset water hull depression, one either side of the ship by more than a few ship widths. Very weird effect! Iā€™m using the aircraft beta.

Iā€™ll try and take a photo next time Iā€™m in sim.

Has anyone else noticed this?

For reference I was taking off from SCNY and this airfield mod: Yendegaia Airfield - SCNY - Patagonia Ā» Microsoft Flight Simulator and the ship was on the lake right in front of the strip.

It is most likely one of the ships done by Jean Pierre, it is corrected in the next version.

6 Likes