GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Thanks AviatorDown8227… I’ll give these a try. Hopefully they’ll solve the issue. I’ll get back to you.

I’ve now redone my setup with the folders you’ve provided, and still haven’t had any luck, although after I closed FS, I noticed that for some reason, GAIST was turned off in the linker (I had checked it before I started FS). I have to leave for the rest of the day, but will try some more this evening. Thanks for providing me with the route folders. My route folder setup was way off.

Have you regenerated the layout.json file in the main gaist directory?

No need to do anything with the .json files in the routes directories. Your directory structure looks fine to me.

You are welcome, but just to make it clear, the link I gave you is provided by Henrik Nielsen not by me.

You need to re-generate the layout.json file in the GAIST folder also.

1 Like

Does your sim freeze with GAIST or are there no ships??

Yes I freeze when loading a flight if I have GIAST folder in my community folder. Have a read here

As it seems they are working on a potential fix

1 Like

The sim does not freeze… I just don’t see any ships. I’ve tried the US and the Latin America areas, and see nothing from GAIST. I have regenerated the layout.json file in the main GAIST folder.

Thanks for the clarification AviatorDown… and I have regend the layout.json file in the main GAIST folder.

Check in a location that is guaranteed to have shipping eg. between Dover UK and Calais FR

GAIST models will usually have smoke from the funnels and a wake.

Also you could try going into Dev Mode, then from memory at the top menus there is Windows > Sim Objects. In there you can switch labels on for boat traffic and see what’s alive even if not visible.

1 Like

I’m seeing a ton of ship traffic in the Dover UK and Calais FR area. Odd that I’m not seeing anything around the Rio area, as there had always been a lot of traffic there before. Maybe time of day?

Is your ships and ferries setting at 6 in traffic options?

It’s setting at 8 right now. After running a couple test flights, one in Europe and the other in the Rio area, I’m now convinced that things are working as they should. I’ll run some more tests this weekend in other areas, but I’m confident that I’m going to see good results. I thank you, Henrik, and all the others who jumped in here to offer suggestions for helping me through this. Your help is much appreciated!

1 Like

I am happy that you got it sorted out.

This stuff can be challenging.

Great to hear that the Oil Rigs are included. There are a couple of mods on fs.to for some regions but they use the default model and are far from covering all locations worldwide.

1 Like

I don’t understand, where is the workaround?

1 Like

It’s on AVSIM that he linked.

Sim refuses to load during a flight with this addon enabled. Removing it fix the problem! Its a pity because I do a lot of costal flying!

Start by reading this onwards:

Henrik Nielsen’s Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS - Page 75 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Thankyou I will look into it!