Gaist ultra version 3

Anyone in here using this mod to add ships and ferries to MSFS?

I have two questions which I couldn’t find the answer to when reading the FAQ over at flightsim.to where I downloaded it from.

1. About the Ships and Ferries slider in MSFS where the recommendation is to have it set to 5-10%, does this slider only affect MSFS default AI ships or also the ships added by this mod? My goal would be to only use the ships from this mod. Would setting the slider in MSFS to 0% achieve that or would I then also lose the ships and ferries from this mod?

2. I don’t care that much about exact routes etc. After reading having multiple route packages installed can cause performance issues in some situations, could I just use the gaist-ultra-v3 package and omit all route packages? Or do I need to have the route package installed for the region where I’m flying in order to see the ships?

Anyone who knows?

You might have more luck with an accurate answer if you post this on the main GAIST thread.

Moved to #gd-interests:tools-utilities

The slider controls all AI ships, but for GIAST 5-10 is recommended. More than 10 will have no impact on GIAST.

The routes are broken down into regions You can have all or some, but not none, as none will mean no routes for the ships to sail. No routes = No ships. :blush:

1 Like

Got it, thanks guys!

1 Like