Game Crash after long flights

My first CTD’s today 5 mins into Flight from Leeds Bradford. Opened the VFR Map and closed it.
Set off then a couple of mins later the CTD. This happened 3 times.
Uninstalled Leeds Bradford rebooted PC and then Reinstalled Leeds Bradford.
Will keep you Posted.

No change ! Same CTD’s. GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!

I experienced in-flight crashes mostly after about an hour after departure. Turning off multiplayer completely solved it for me, or at least it’s a viable workaround that prevented CTDs. Worth a try.

Seems to have sorted itself out now. Fingers Crossed !

I don’t do flights of over 1 hour any more. I can never finish them before I get a CTD. And of course, none of my flight time gets logged. Typically most of the flight will go well. Then as you get close to arrival, things will start going nuts. The cockpit poltergeist will start hitting wiht stuff being activated / deactivated on its own. By the time I get to approach, my views start shifting around uncontrollably, then a CTD.

Try turning multiplayer off. That should let you fly over an hour without CTD.

I haven’t had multiplayer on in days. I have zero traffic - MP, AI or Live. I’m all alone…

Same issue here flying the Baron G58 on 1000NM flights around Europe. After reaching two thirds of the flight leg the stuttering starts and I get real poor performance out of the sim.

Also when I exit the flght it doesnt go to the menu, but straight to the desktop.

I have checked my PC, and nothing is maxing out either or getting hot, so for sure a programming issue.

I7 6700k
32GB Ram
RTX 2070Super
2TB Samsung NVME SSD

guys, the only workaround i have found and is really working for me is this program:

Intelligent standby list cleaner

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1256

What it makes is basically to purge allocated standby memory which is not used by the game but that is growing until fullfil the entire ram.

It purges memory at certain time according to user parameters, giving also the possibility to purge manually:

As you can see the standby memory is 31Mb, and free memory is 16Gb, and before using it my standby memory was eating all the free ram available, causing the frame drops to 10fps.

1 Like