Game freezes after photogrammetry error

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
After receiving an error that I don’t have enough bandwidth for photogrammetry, the game “freezes”

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
I don’t have one

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
I don’t know a reliable way to reproduce. It’s happened to me 3 times over the last few months since before SU5. All 3 times, I was toward the end of a short flight, turning onto base. Perhaps it happens when loading in assets at an airport you’re flying to?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Don’t remember the version #, but I think it was before SU5.

Longer description:

This issue is present in 1.20.6.0, but has been present for several updates at least.

I’ll be flying a short (30 minutes or so) flight, and when I am almost to my destination (It has happened to be on base all 3 times), I suddenly get the error that I don’t have enough bandwidth to stream photogrammetry. When I get this error, the mouse cursor disappears, and the only way to acknowledge the error is to hit escape, pausing the game and restoring my mouse cursor. I can then click to acknowledge the photogrammetry error, but when I hit escape again to return to the game, it’s “frozen”.

I put “frozen” in quotes, because it’s not quite frozen, it’s just acting like it’s in active pause. I can still hear the engine, I can look around the cockpit, and animations like the prop moving still seem to work, but the plane is no longer moving. I can confirm that it’s not in active pause, and attempting to cycle active pause doesn’t do anything.

The only way to fix is to quit the flight and start over. I don’t know if I have to restart the game entirely, because I’ve just rage quit every time this happens, because holy ■■■■ why does it have to lock up when you’re basically about to land.

I’m having exactly the same problem. I get the internet connection warning and when I hit esc to establish my mouse cursor so I can remove the warning, I am stuck with the aircraft not moving, but all other activities are operating (sound, other AI aircraft, etc.). It’s like being stuck in active pause with the cockpit view active instead of the menus.

With yesterday’s event, I was away from the computer for a few minutes and returned to find the aircraft no moving. It seems pressing esc is not the cause, it has to do with the dropped internet connection and and having the sim disable one of the data connection options automatically.

This only started to happen to me yesterday and today. Prior to yesterday I never has a sim freeze due to a lost internet connection warning.

3 Likes

It’s pretty rare, I’d say maybe 10% or less of my flights, so it’s hard to track down, but the issue has been around for me for at least a few months.

This is exactly it: