Game Menu Unusable/1 FPS

I’ve seen some threads about this but no real solution: MSFS once worked well for me, but recently I have been unable to interact with the game menu. The FPS there is literally 1-2 FPS. Here are my specs:

• i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
  • RTX 3070 Ti
  • 32 GB ram
  • Display running at 3440x1440

I just installed the 3070 today to replace a GTX 1660 Super - I was hoping the better GPU might address the issue, in addition to overall better performance, but the problem is exactly the same as when the 1660 was installed. Here’s what I’ve tried:

• Reinstalling clean version of MSFS - no add ons
  • Uninstalling all display drivers and reinstalling fresh NVIDIA drivers.
  • Uninstalling Citrix (apparently this affected some users) and also disabled the Citrix virtual display adapter.
  • Windowed/full screen mode - no difference
  • Reducing graphics settings (really hard to do because the menus are almost impossible to manipulate)
  • Ensuring that MSFS is only using the 3070

Not sure what else to do. I notice that when MSFS is loading through the loading screens (the animations there are smooth and have no issues) GPU usage is 50-60%, but in the stuttering game menu it drops to 2-5%. Also, note that X-Plane works well - no issues there.

I suppose reinstalling Windows is an option but I hate to do that and lose everything I’ve put together in X-Plane. (I’m trying to become a convert but it ain’t easy!)

All ideas welcome!

Some mods installed and treid already in safe-mode ?

Stuff like google-maps-replacement installed ?

Cleaned already the AppData folder ( scenery-* , dce , content-xml , rolling-cache ) ?

Is within the UserCfg file the new 3070 mentioned ?

May be good would be some screenshots where we see the menu and the taskmanager with cpu load ( per kernel diagramm ) and gpu load.

( and to be sure mention the game version and VR or Non-VR )

I experienced this yesterday with SU10 beta 1.27,20.0 on Xbox.

I was making some control mapping changes and the cursor became so jumpy due to poor FPS it was extremely difficult to place it directly over the various entry fields.

I’ve not seen this before other than in the Logbook, where it consistently has poor FPS. The logbook issues has existed before the beta, however.

Does your issue come and go, or is it a constant? Does it happen everywhere in the menus or in specific areas?

Appreciate the reply - all these are clean. It’s a new install. Here are CPU/GPU screenshots.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 214131
Screenshot 2022-09-17 214227

can you click with right-mouse onto the CPU diagram an choose “Graph → Logical Processors” ? :slight_smile:

Also… in which main-menue-view is it, startpage ?

you RE - installed it, or ?.. that does not necessarly remove old data from “AppData” folder, which was often a issue.

Also… related to google-maps-replacement-mod : you realy had it former never installed ? This mod change the windows hosts file, which will also not reverted with an uninstall of MSFS and cause also often much trouble ( you can remove the windows hosts file and restart pc ).

And did you tried the safe-mode ? You can place a file “running.lock” into the AppData folder, so you get the dialog. see: Keep crashing to desktop - #30 by MichaMMA

Figured I would respond with what I think was the solution here. I had previously installed the Fly By Wire installer/updater - while not really an add on it was the only software I could find related to the prior installations. Deleting it did the trick. Works great now. Thanks!