Game says mandatory Microsoft Store update needed, but no update available

@Grabber523
I don’t understand what you mean. Can you please be specific?

Microsoft Store search bar:

Use it to bring up the game page for your version:

You will find the update button in this tool bar:

1 Like

I give up

No good. Cannot find in store. Don’t know what you mean. Tried search in Store app. No update

@Grabber523
Thank you for your input.
For the future: can you insert images pictures directly to forum instant of external link? Its because if external link will may brokeen in any case :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. I searched the store and there is no update. It says I’m good to go. No hot fix. No update… When I start the sim says there’s a mandatory update. But it’s not in the store. Nowhere to be found.
Premium Deluxe is installed. Cannot get the mandatory update

1 Like

@Grabber523

I have a pc. What you’re showing me is xbox. It makes no sense. The link is nothing but a jpeg image. I don’t know what to do

First bit deals with finding the main MSFS folder;

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?21235-Finding-The-MSFS-2020-Community-Folder

No download offered from Store, but APP asks for it. W/in Store, Download and Updates does not provide the update. PC version. APP Repair says OK, but no cure.

1 Like

Find your main MSFS folder (details above how to do so).
Rename the folder by adding ‘X’ to the end of it.
In Windows > Settings > Apps find MSFS, select it, check file size is 1.5 - 2gb, choose Uninstall
Rename the main MSFS folder by removing the X you put on the end.
In the Windows Store find MSFS and install. The installation should just be the core 1.5 - 2gb so takes just a few moments. There will likely then be an in-sim update.

Those pictures were most definitely from my PC. If your store app doesn’t look like the one in the photos, you need to have a friend or family member who is a little more tech savvy take a look at your computer. Your problem most likely has nothing to do with the simulator.

Totally uninstalled the sim. Reinstalled 1.18.13
0 and run it to see mandatory update again but AGAIN NOT IN THE STORE!!!
What am I supposed to do now???

@Grabber523
But you have an arrow pointing to Xbox. Why? Mine is bought through store for PC. I’m not using Xbox!
My sim NEVER looked like your screen. It never had a problem until this SU5
I AM tech savvy! My family comes to me for problems. I built this rig myself. Why do Asobo expect me to be their beta tester? It’s THEIR JOB to provide working software that I paid for!

1 Like

@CatapultF4E I was running a preview of Windows 11 and couldnt get the hotfix either. I reinstalled Windows 10 fresh and reinstalled the sim, everything is working great now!

Give it a go. - Backup your data first!

@FoolishBull1303

Cannot rename that folder. Access denied even after taking ownership

@Jonny5Alive6618

Using win 10 21H1. Never had a problem until this STUPID SU5!

Why on earth would I want to reinstall win 10???
This entire episode 5 days long trying this and that with ZERO luck. Asobo has a lot to answer for! Not happy

To say that I’m fed up would be a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT. I’m not alone here. Look at the number of people with the same problems

Oh… Yes I reset the store.

1 Like

@Coppersens

I uninstalled the sim. Reboot and reinstalled. STILL cannot get the hot fix! Still cannot run FS because it says “mandatory update…” click OK then it goes to the store where NO hot fix 1.18.14.0 there. Sim says version 1.18.13. 0

Im totally fed up with this.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

6 Likes

Did you use an admin account to try the rename?

Lots of info here re renaming folders; Can’t rename folders in Windows 10 [Full Fix]

From where did you uninstall & from where did you reinstall?

Im just telling you what fixed it for me. Im sorry you are having a hard time but dont take out your frustration on people trying to help you. Its a pain to reinstall Windows but it will probably work.

Do you think the arrow might actually be pointing to the section referring to MSFS, surrounded by a redline, above where it says xbox?

Sorry for my angst. I was really angry.
However, I think I got it. Not steam. Windows store. What I realised was that after I uninstalled the sim, I tried to install it back on my fs2020 dedicated SSD. It would get to 690Mb and say it’s installed. I uninstalled it again. I didn’t trust that fs was actually installed. So I went into disk management and formatted my SSD D:\ drive. Then went to my Microsoft account (store) and clicked “install”… Guess what? This time it installed 1.1Gb in my D:\ drive! Then I launched the sim. It checked for updates then had 127Gb more to install AND said “1.18.14.0”!!! YES! It’s now about a third of the way to go to install.
Don’t know v why my D:\ drive wasn’t empty after uninstalling FS 2020, but by formatting that drive got rid of whatever dregs that was preventing the hot fix from installing. It’s something I now know for future reference. The sim liked my clean SSD. I had used a cmd as administrator to clean, then format D as a GPT drive - just as my Windows SSD is. Then I had to initialise my D:\ drive using Disk Management because it wasn’t showing up in This Computer.
Voilà - sim is now 50% installed as 1.18.14.0!!
Amazing how that I was banging my head against the wall for 5 days straight only to find that a clean drive did the trick.

Perhaps others with the same problems should read this thread and try it for themselves.

Again, I’m HUMBLY APOLOGISE and I’m VERY SORRY (and embarrassed) for projecting my frustration toward everyone here. I know that you’re trying to help.

In closing, those who have this problem need to read this. I’m going to tell all those who PM’d me with the same problem how I got around this problem. I can only surmise that SU5 might have put files in my C:\ (Windows 10 pro build 21H1) in error.

There you have it. I’ll be editing this post with @tags for those who I know are struggling with the same problems.

The following are folks with whom I’ve interacted with regard to this problem. I hope that you get yours going too. I may have missed a few so please spread this message around with anyone else you know who needs help.

Cheers folks :blush:

@JJFLIGHT00
@xBufferzz
@Jonny5Alive6618
@z32ands30
@Warp757
@FoolishBull1303

1 Like