Game stuck on loading screen

Help needed :tired_face: installed the update yesterday but the game would not load, it just hung on the loading screen! So a complete re-install later and the game loaded, but the profile and options screens were unavailable :sweat_smile: so pretty useless - another re-install and we are back to the game not getting past the loading screen!! What is going on :woozy_face:

1 Like

Same here and according to other posts it seems to be a quite frequent issue with the latest update, both on pc and xbox.

I just managed to load game twice yesterday after dozens trials.

Cheers

There are checklists in the Support tab at the top of the page which may help.
Here is a link to one:

Unfortunately none of these help. The game simply will not load after two clean installations!

Does it freeze before or after the ā€œhomeā€ screen?

I get to the loading splash screen - blue bar gets half way quickly and then would usually go onto the main page - but the loading bar just creeps to the end and sits there doing nothing.

So you donā€™t get into the home screen?

In my case the games loads to main page and I can do the landing challenge no problem or training flights. My VR is great. Fantastic but, the moment I load a flight in the world map and hit fly it loads quickly up to 75% and then crawls to the end of the blue line but nothing happens. It just sits at the splash screen with a full blue line. After 30 minutes Esc does nothing, I have to Alt F4 to quit totally. When I restart the software the same thing happens. No problem until you load a flight from the world map view. Logged a ticket and they say maybe the video driver or the OC of my CPU, or even reload software for my quest2. But I had no problem before the update. It was perfect. I did a fresh reinstall in early February. Not doing that again. Its the update that is the problem. I will update my ticket as their suggestions did nothing.

Nope - I did one reinstall and got go the home page, but I couldnā€™t access profile or options! Another re-install and now it wonā€™t load to the home page - very frustrating I canā€™t get on.

1 Like

Try this:

If this doesnā€™t do it let me know, this seems to have worked for a lot of folks for this update.

I had the same issue. Color me silly but I restarted my computer and then it worked again.

I have previously tried this, however no such luck! I can give it another try later but wouldnā€™t hold much hope. Iā€™ve tried many restarts and attempts to run the game all without success.

1 Like

Try these:

From Windows Apps & Features, find Gaming Services, Microsoft Store and Xbox.
In each, select Advanced Options, then reset.
Reboot the PC and sign back in to those three that do have a log in and try (I donā€™t think gaming services has a log in but Xbox and the store do)

Thanks, Iā€™ll give it a go later tonight.

1 Like

Unfortunately thatā€™s not helped. Iā€™m at a loss of what is causing it. Do I have to install yet again? While installing a few items get stuck during the decompressing and have to be deleted and then re-launched to install - what causes this?

Iā€™ve re-installed again - now it just CTD during the loading screen - pulling my hair out here, how can a simple thing as running a game be so hard!

After multiple guesses and tries - gave up and re-installed a fresh copy of win11 on a new nvme 2. This one has a write of 7340mb. Before going to store I then took the copy I saved on my external drive from my laptop which never had issues with decompressing ?? (but is so slow its doesnā€™t meet requirements) and copied it to the new nvme. Strange laptop had downloads of 120 mbp where my desktop much more powerful topped at 30ā€¦ Anyway proceeded to store to download FS for 5th time. Then I directed it to look at the other copy and it did not download the premium and WU since it found them in the directory anything. FRS starts and yeah everything worked perfectly. Bonus I bought from store the Maule and the download speeds where 230Mbp +. Go figureā€¦Long story short, been a week and things are working better than everā€¦ till the next SUā€¦ Fresh copy of Win 11, new nvme and reinstall of FS .

1 Like

One thing worth trying is to close the sim, sign out of XBox app and MS Store, restart your PC, sign back into MS Store then Xbox app, then launch MSFS again .

It worked for me, and I hope it will work for you. Happy flying!

Happens every single time when an update is near or aroundā€¦ eternal loading screen or crashing back to desktop one second after getting into the main menu for several days.

The problem ends when I finally get that update one week later after everyone else has installed it, and everything runs fine afterwards with no problems whatsoever. :slight_smile:

I purchased the MSFS 2020 40th anniversary edition version 1.33.8.0 from the MS store on August 5th 2023 and have yet to get the software to launch. As reported by many others, the launch process locks up once the new activities blue bar completes. I have tried all of the many suggestions provided to solve the issue but without success so far. I am using a brand new PC build with all drivers fully up to date - Intel i7-11700K CPU, MSI z590 Gaming Plus MOBO, 64 GB G Skill DDR 4 3200 Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 2Tb PCIe SSD plus 2 x Samsung 2TB SSD memory (program is stored on the PCIe memory - C:), RTX 4070 GPU driving triple AOC monitors C27G2Z, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Windows 10 latest version. This rig works perfectly for all programs except MSFS 2020. No FS add-ons at all. I guess Iā€™ll await the September update and hope that it addresses what appears to be a pretty basic problem.