Hi. My game is stuttering like crazy when I’m playing in VR. I recently built a computer with all the latest hardware and it’s stuttering like crazy, even with my all new ASUS TUF Gaming 3090 GPU. It was stuttering also on my old computer. I used Oculus Tray Tool to fix it then, but now with my current gear I expected performance to improve but stuttering still persists. This is my current setup:
- ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) Gen2 AMD Motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Desktop Processor
- ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 OC Edition
- Western Digital Black SN750 1TB NVMe M.2 PCIE 4.0 SSD
- 32GB of 2400 Hz DDR4 RAM (4 sticks)
- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5, 80 Plus Gold 1000W Power Supply
- Windows 10 Professional
- Oculus Rift S
I’m playing the Steam version of the game. Today I realized it could be the memory, since more and faster memory could resolve stuttering. Could that be it? If so, how much memory should I get and at what speed do I need for smooth gameplay? This was also the same memory that was in my old computer, and it was stuttering then. It was Sim Update 5 that started the stuttering and it hasn’t resolved.
Thank you in advance.