Game will not update hotfix 2

Or perhaps the more logical answer is that this is either a networked computer, a computer you’ve logged on to previously with that MS account, or your MS account has been compromised.

This has always been a workaround - some find that connecting via the Xbox app triggers an update, others like myself do not. I restarted my PC and the update triggered as normal. This would also be an issue with the Microsoft Store team and not necessarily related to MSFS - I fail to see how this should have been included in the release notes when this issue occurred… after the fact? Keeping the Xbox app updated is also a part of the updating troubleshooting faq/guide: How to maintain and update Microsoft Flight Simulator? – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

2 Likes

But wait, it dosen’t finish here. After the update ran, the Sim started, it checked for updates and opened in the main menu. Great I thought. But wait look at the version, it’s still 1.18.14.0

I am having the same issue, I have been trying for a few hours to get MS Store to admiit there is an update.

That happened to me, too. See my comments above. I have now got my update at last!

Yeah, me too. Updated Windows (there was only one preview update available), rebooted, store says I’m already up to date with 1.18.14.

I click on the 3 dots and updates and gaming and then nothing happens. It seams to freeze.

What did work?

Exactly what happed with me. Funny thing is I ran “Get updates” again and it started the update again. But afterwards it again still shows 1.18.14.0

So I’m assuming that the update is failing to finish maybe because of server overload. It only there was a better on-screen feedback about what is happening

Three hours I have wasted trying to solve this issue so far

Cool, okay…well…lesson learned!!

Yup still nothing. Followed the advise to the letter. This is ridiculous!!!

I have never seem so many issues with an update. Why did the push it? They have waited. I’m sure the beta testers

Ok, so update. I got the sim updated…. I followed the instructions of rebooting the computer…. Then load the store, and then load the sim with the store open…. This seems to have worked.

Did not work for me

Wellll. I still can’t download the last hotfix (v1.18.14) let alone this one. Luckily, I can still use version 1.18.13. I have tried everything outside of a re-install. I have read so many different community posts with solutions to this issue since SU5 was released, but nada from anyone at Microsft or the team, and it is affecting more people than many realize.

I was waiting for this HF to see if anything changed before trying more drastic measures. This update process is wasting a boat load of time for many people - for something that should be SO SIMPLE in 2021. Funny how this sh** never happens when they’re ready to take your money…

This resolved my issue with the missing hotfix…

1 Like

That worked for me! Thanks!!

1 Like

Correction, it appeared to work. That is started downloading, then says “checking…” and closes. When I check. I still have 1.18.14.0. Strange thing then is that I can run the sim without it saying there is an update in the MS Store, and it loads to the main menu but is still the old version. So back to where I was five hours ago.

Winner, Winner… This solved it for me and downloaded both HF’s. I recall a gaming services update that was installed concurrently with the SU5 update in the store and I’ll bet that borked everything. MS needs to get their update S^^^ together.

TenPatrol, many thanks from this old, tired simmer.

This happened to me for hotfix 1 (1.18.14.0). Previously, I never had an issue updating in the MS Store or when loading the game. It is happening again which sux 'cause last time I had to uninstall both the game AND MS Store and only after reinstalling was I able to get 1.18.14.0. Here is what email support gave me (spoiler alert - it did not work):

STEP 1 — INSTALL PENDING UPDATES

• Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen)

• Select Settings

• Go to Update & Security

• Stay on Windows Update

• Click the Check for Updates button.

• Wait until the verification is finished.

STEP 2 — INSTALL STORE UPDATES AND SIGN OUT

• Click the Store icon pinned to your menu bar or type “Store” in the “Type here to search bar” next to the Start icon then select “Open

• In the top right corner of the Microsoft Store app—next to your profile icon—click on the Arrow icon or the three-dots menu.

• In the drop-down menu, select Downloads and updates.

• Click Get updates then Update all and wait for the updates to install.

• Once the updates are installed, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.

• Click on your email address.

• Click on Sign out.

STEP 3 — SYNCHRONIZE TIME SETTINGS

• Go back to Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.

• Select Date & Time and toggle the “Set time automatically setting" and “Set time zone automatically” to ON.

• Click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system’s clock with an Internet time server.

• Then click Region, double-check that your country or region is correctly set up (for example if you live in Canada, make sure that the region isn’t automatically set to the USA or vice-versa)

STEP 4 — RESET THE MICROSOFT STORE CACHE

• On your keyboard, press the “Win Logo” + “R” keys

• Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter

• A black window will pop up

• Wait until the pop up disappears and the Store comes up

STEP 5 — REBOOT THE COMPUTER
Do not skip this step, as it is to ensure all changes are correctly applied.

STEP 6 — SIGN BACK INTO THE MICROSOFT STORE APP

• Open the Microsoft Store app and click on the profile icon again, then select “Sign in” and enter your credentials

• Make sure to sign back into the Microsoft Store with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Sorry for your woes - been there - never had a previous problem. So glad I didn’t follow the instructions offered to you. I had seen these in other posts from users with this issue and decided to wait things out so no re-install.

Consider TenPatrol’s workaround.

1 Like

I tried running these powershell options, right up to shutting down, restarting and running MS store again. I see the download option up top right hand corner. But when I start the download I get the the following error which I have since passed on to the MS Feedback hub.

However I notice that MS Store is now saying I have 1.18.15.0 even though it fell over. I will go and check what the sim does now.