Game will not update hotfix 2

Yep, the XBOX app worked for me. I never even had the XBOX app installed in the first place.

As soon as I installed it and launched it, boom, MSFS started updating right away. It also updated the Gaming Services just prior to that aswell (even though it was apparently already up to date in the regular MS Store).

I think this is most definitely a MS issue and not anything to do with Asobo, as it’s all about the distribution of the update.

1 Like

I don’t really know what the xbox app is supposed to do, or how it’s connected to the sim, or why it helped me. This whole x-box game thing on PC just feels strange. X-box is an x-box game console, but now it’s also some kind of microsoft game service also for the PC; intertwined with the MS Store and your microsoft account. It’s a mess. And what does gaming services do?

I wish they would stop calling things on the PC “X-box”. Call it Gaming center or something, drop the x-box its just confusing. Microsoft gaming center would suffice. would work for both PC and the Xbox-console. I’m sure for everyone in the board-rooms this makes sense but from a usability perspective, the naming is just extremely unclear, which makes the whole ecosystem unclerar, which makes it very hard to get an idea of what all the different components do - which makes it hard to understand - which makes it hard to troubleshoot.

It should be all about making it easy for the user to create mental models of how it is set up, by using clear names for things. This “lets call everything x-box” is a great example of what NOT to do if you want to help the user understand. This must have come from the marketing department, not the usability department.

2 Likes

Same problem as most here… MSFS requires an update to run, but there’s no update (Hotfix 2) available in the MS Store.

Seems every time there’s something new…

1 Like

also - MSFS updates don’t show up in the updates / downloads list… you have to go to the MSFS game page in your Library… after 20 seconds or so on this page, the download should start automatically…

IDK why the store doesn’t update content without a reboot, and frankly it’s really annoying that with each sim / world update - you have 3 separate places to update from… it’s super user-unfriendly and just asking for problems…

Assuming its possible Gaming Services is at fault I did this to fix things

Signed out of Xbox
Reset the Xbox app
Reset the Store app
Uninstalled Gaming Services using Get-AppxPackage gamingservices -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Ran Xbox app which signed me back in and reinstalled Gaming Services
Visit FS2020 page in the Store app

Doing all this triggered the update to Hotfix 2

Why, oh why, is clicking the OK button on the Game Update Available panel not just invoking the update without any further ado :interrobang:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on Xbox Series X, no way to get it to update I can see so far, I’m on the east coast of Aus so should be out by now

I may be dumb but I don’t know an xbox-app app in the store. :frowning_face:

Here friendo

Still no Joy… I have done EVERYTHING listed in this forum set by step and nothing!!! ■■■ I am not reinstalling the sim for the 8th time in two months… I gonna run it on …14 and wait for the next update later this month and hope for the best.

1 Like

Are you sure you downloaded the Xbox app on your PC? It was not intuitive to MANY of us, so hopefully you can benefit from our pain hahaa. You get it by searching the MS Store. Once you launch the Xbox app, then you will see the update for MSFS. Good luck.

How do I download the Xbox app? I hit to the 3 dots and hit download and then I get the circle that won’t stop turning around.

Why would a PC user even think he would need to download an XBox App ?
This could have come up as a message with the update message.

" Install does nothing but run a 390mb app and then the only option is play "

When you see the 390mb download completed, that is the hot-fix.
I didnt press play I just closed it.
Then the game will start automatically ( if you are still directed there from the game)
If not just press your usual icon to start the game.

I never downloaded the XBox app. How do I do that? Never had this problem before. I am really getting ready to return to Xplane!

I can’t get to the point of seeing ‘install’. I just get that ‘moving circle’.

Well, i allready had the XBox-App installed … still getting the same error… running out of options… the last hotfix had the same issue for me but solved itself… this makes me waste so much time.

I have not read all of this post however, you might like to try this which I believe needs to be done every once in a while…

Sign out of your Microsoft Store account and sign back in.

Probably signing into the Xbox app’ achieves the same thing?

I don’t have this problem and cannot confirm that this will work.

Charles.

1 Like

honestly I gave up, the controls were ultra sensitive, the rudder here keeps driving by itself without stopping even though I have calibrated all the surfaces several times and the ground is still horrible, it’s still ugly and without any kind of houses, building etc., I give up, in 1 year it’s the first time I’m going to uninstall the game without intending to install it again until they fix it because it’s impossible to fly

this should be a city, I’m flying over Edinburgh, where are the buildings and houses? this is set in the ultra

For me rebooting did the trick, guess signing out and signing in again was easier :smiley:

1 Like