Game will not update hotfix 2

This worked for me:

1. Install XBox app
  2. Check for updates in Xbox app (update found)
  3. Go to Microsoft store and also check for updates (now update is found)
1 Like

I think it´s not our obligation to fix a product, we bought.
Also, some people really don´t want to delete their setting all over … not to mention theServers seem to work with steampower.

This is the second Time i am trying to fix something i did not break
and the second the next hotfix arrives, we have to do that all over again… no Thank you!

Thank you guys. Can confirm that installing ‘Xbox App’ from Microsoft store and checking for updates in the xbox app helped (xbox app → My collection → Check for updates)

THANK YOU MICROSOFT

Another hour was just WASTED on installing issues… Who on earth can design an service that cannot properly check for updates? I can’t believe myself sometimes. What was I thinking when buying it from Microsoft Store? I hope I would be smart enough next time not to buy any game from Microsoft store EVER again…

1 Like

Have you tried signing out of your Microsoft Store account and signing back in as I suggested earlier. This is the fix for when the Market Place is greyed out in the simulator options. It might also work to fix your problem. Charles.

I have the same problem. Any advise is welcomed.

1 Like

Solution : Game will not update hotfix 2 - #152 by alex207498

re-installing the 1.1 gig took a laughable 25minutes
it works now
…until the next hotfix

Yes sir. I have numerous times. I also have a linked account and have tried it, too. This whole process is maddening! Thanks for your suggestion. I am open to anything at this point.

2 Likes

After many attempts and a total unistall, I now have:

• MSFS version 1.18.15
  • Microsoft Store looking for update MSFS, but locked to”Error”. It also stays that MS is version 1.18.15

What on earth is Store trying to download if everything is up to date?

MICROSOFT, please fix this mess of an update system BEFORE releasing the next WU/SU/hotfix

Xbox app installation worked for me thanks this post

I had the same problem. In the store click on downloads, get updates, then simply on the FS2020 icon. The download started immediately on my PC. Seems to be a bug. I don’t know if this has been fixed in the meantime.

Hi everyone!
Same problem here.
Steam version of MSFS and it doesn’t find the update as usual at the start.
How I can solve this? Microsoft store Application update?
Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Check your steam version. Mine updated, but I never noticed it happening. Just checked (click on your icon at the top of the page) and it’s there! Long story, but I also have the store version on the same computer and had to go through the - need to update, go to store, find the download, and got a 450+ MB download). Steam updates are so much easier.

1 Like

The behaviour of the Microsoft store seems to be the main problem, clicking on " downloads & Updates " is a red-herring, as many others on here I clicked on the FS2020 icon ( think it is just the Standard game icon) and only then did the update process begin for me.

Everything depending on the Microsoft server and your connection I would say, as there are so many variations of what is going on.
The main one seems to be the inability of the Microsoft server to detect your online and what version you have installed, so as others have suggested just try to leave the store open on the Sim icon page for a while and see what happens.
If that doesn’t work, I know it will be tedious, but try restarting the Microsoft store a few times so the server keeps accessing your PC and all your games but still keep trying to click on the FS2020 Icon.

The download speed of the update was a shock! the 380 or 400 mb file size came in at 62Mbp/s close to my maximum.

The act of installing xbox app (surprised PC users with game pass didnt have that already) seems to fix if you you dont already have it but not if you do.

Before the Xbox app would keep games up to date - but now it doesnt.
Before check for updates in the store app worked - now it doesnt
Before visiting the game page in the store app worked - now it doesnt

This time I had to reset the apps from apps/features and uninstall Gaming Services from a command prompt and then the store app finally detecting the new hotfix

This is unacceptable as was the state of the PC update with CTDs and unnecessary graphical “optimsations”

I got rid of the error 80073cf9 after I reinstalled the gaming service, and it tells me it is installed but I am still having the old version and the Sim is cycling and looking for a new version?

Don’t waste your time.
Backup official folder (big files) and uninstall or reset msfs app (launcher)

edit
Run (1)windows update troubleshooter and (2)windows store apps troubleshooter.
System settings > update and security > troubleshoot > additional troubleshooters.

After that update system to the latest build (21H1 19043.1151) and update apps via microsoft store app.

Your welcome!

Hello all,

Reinstalling in a few days for the second time!!!

I could not load the latest hotfix as described. After many attempts, based on tricks and tips from this and also from other English-forums, I could not download the hotfix yet, because it was not shown in the Microsoft Store at all.

Now today I updated Windows10 Pro to version 21H1.

After that I started the XBox app. There my flight simulator was on error 0x80073cfg. I pressed the X option. I got the message that the installation was aborted.

After that I wanted to start the flight simulator via the start menu. But when nothing happened, I wanted to do it a second time. Only… the icon was gone.
In my installation location under E:\WP… was also once again yawning emptiness.
Also the MSFS 2020 was no longer listed in Apps&Features. So it was uninstalled!!! By itself!!! Without my intervention, as it was before my first reinstallation!!!

I went to the MSStore, since I had learned to treat the anyway nonsensical still offered DVDs as not available and pressed install.
First 1,1 GB were downloaded. When I then pressed Start, what I had feared happened: A complete reinstallation with 123 GB.

Advice: Dear simmer, better start the sim 6 hours before you really want to fly (= download time). Then you have the program at least available when you need it.

I understand that a company has to protect its intellectual property from misuse. But that this procedure is only carried out on the shoulders of the customers is, in my opinion, an outrage without equal. Thousands of other programs prove every day that it can be done better and more intelligently.

But the worst thing I find is the following:
As a buyer of a program, whose 24h-usage is paid, I cannot start the program until I have installed an offered (forced) update.
I wanted to start the sim on 7.8. in the morning and ran on the hotfix update, without any chance of use without update and “was allowed” to try workarounds until just now (8.8., 3:00 PM).

This is a major limitation of use.

I have already asked Aerosoft, through whom I obtained the absolutely nonsensical DVDs, for information about this. In parallel, I have written to Zendesk several times. But from there you only get an information that the bug has been added to the database. This info comes, no matter if it is really a bug or a question.
You can really do without such a hotline.

Sorry for my choice of words, but the from my point of view really very good progress, which the Asobo developer team has made since August last year, is destroyed for me by these unspeakable crazy installation methods.

For those who haven’t had to go through this experience (yet), I hope it doesn’t happen to them.

Fortunately, I still have X-Plane, which is (still) better in many respects. This starts with the very good, detailed avionics controls and ends with crystal clear instrument views in VR with HP Reverb G1. Unfortunately, the exterior views are of course not competitive without streaming.
I hope, not only because of the above-mentioned frustrations, that X-Plane can hold its own against the actual superiority of Microsoft.
In any case, I’ll also still strike at X-Plane 12, as soon as it is on the market.