GAmod - offline version (new GA traffic addon)

This is official support channel for this addon.

GAmod - offline version » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Video about it: https://youtu.be/k3S0BRdBqeo

There is update rolled out yesterday, so download both from flightsim.to (basic pack and update)

6 Likes

Thank you!

Your welcome. Feedback would be apreciated about the mod.

Updated: GAmod - offline version (World overhaul edition) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Changelog 30.3.2023

1. Almost whole world covered with overhaul flightplans (from a to a), at least 2 aircraft / airport
  2. extra overhaul traffic (up to 5 aircraft departing) added to these areas: Alaska, Alps, Andes, Australia, Canada, Germany, Norway, New Zealand, Pyrenees, Rocky Mountains, Benelux countries, Spain, Italy, Caribbean islands, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, UK, Canary Islands
  3. Hot balllon is parked only in Ramp´s, not in gates anymore.
  4. Fixed glitch, where one model (generic single piston) was going crazy at the airports. Replaced by C172.
  5. Fixed ga traffic´s flight levels
  6. decreased amount of special traffic (hot balloons and helicopters)
  7. fixed Da40 sound issue, have now sounds.
  8. fixed traffic density settings to be more combatible with each other
  9. world wide military traffic added to several locations named airbase.
  10. exluded top100 most busy aiports from GA traffic
  11. Da40 and C172 was causing stutters. Now it is fixed!
2 Likes

I have two questions before I install:

1. Does it work fine with FSLTL?
  2. GA planes are visible in Little Navmap?
  1. yes it does, perfect combo
  2. yes they are!
  3. yes, they communicate also with ATC!
3 Likes

Thank you, I have just installed it. It seems to be working well :slight_smile:

I wish you good luck with the development of the project :beers:

Thank you. And have fun with the addon!

2 Likes

Thank you! Now I can fly a Cessna without feeling like I’m starring in “I Am Legend”. :+1:

Is there a comprehensive guide that explains how to set this up? I’ve followed the instructions in the readme but so far it does not work.
I copied both folders, the -models and the -world-overhaul, into the community. I also used the html to disable the original traffic file (I verified that it’s renamed to .off). I set my traffic settings to Offline and to about 40%, but still no traffic.

It looks like a lot of people are enjoying the mod without problems. But I find it strange, that there are .exe files inside the mod folder, even though is looks to be only the LayoutGenerator, but who knows, it could be anything. Also there’s a .zip inside a .zip, which is always annoying.

Zip inside of zip is because chrome detects that .exe as a virus.

Have you tried diffrent places? Can you tell with littlenav map, have you traffic around you?

Remember to wait 5-10min traffic to settle when spawning to airport. And changing weather or time in airport resets traffic and will not enable, until going back to menu and start again.

Just tried this - it seems a good GA traffic mod. However, when I tried it with FS Traffic I kept getting CTDs. Anyone using both successfully?

Have newest nvidia driver? It does ctd.

1 Like

I’m not getting the graphics error message that others have described with the updated driver

for me the ai aircraft always struggle to find a taxiway. they end up going into buildings and over grass eventually finding a way to the runway… sometimes they wander off into the woods lol. this might be a airport/taxiway problem? happens on both default and 3rd party airports…

I know the feeling. I dont know what is wrong in those cases when plane is going crazy in the ground. Happens all the planes time to time.

Btw, if you have stutters with GAmod, please update FSUIPC to the latest version. It was the cause of stutters.

A few days in, working great still. I was intrigued to see a couple of hot air balloons at Warton on my way into EGNH. It’s great to fly from a backwater airfield and have a living world around you instead of nothingness.

3 Likes

Is GAmod still working for you guys? No problems with latest msfs updates?

Assuming you don’t mean the SU13 beta, yep, still working fine, although I only use it if I’m flying VFR out of a small field. I saw a hot air balloon load in at EGCC so it promptly got turned off lol.

Just reinstalled and seems to be working fine with the SU13 Beta