Garmin G1000/G3000 & Autopilot Related Issues

I would love the ability to import a flight plan while parked at a stand, AND be able to spawn at a stand without destroying the imported fligth plan.

1 Like

hmmmmm

I will be better satisfied with default G1000 as with their poor G1000 from previous versions, that was horrible as FPS killer…

plus the real g1000 altitude ticker is in 20 foot increments not 10 foot increments like the sim has it…

1 Like

YES!

also Load and Save Flight correctly, it can be used with ESC as now is but also within Garmin as is there standard option for store and load FPL. It must be in flight time and also with no crash with next load of Flight. In Vatsim high required. On other side Vtasim now is perfect with flying without stutters, good job Asobo!

But you still can’t load a flight plan from the escape menu, you have to go back to the main menu which is really obnoxious.

Yes,

also now you lost Online weather with step to Main menu. As I said, this system of Load and Save flights and FPLs need to be reworked. Other system is functionality of this inside Garmins and CDUs on airliners. There are that options initially included but not programmed.

Agree with all the points mentioned.

I flew a short flight today in the Diamond, with the G1000. The initial plan was to fly GPS Nav. I decided to try and use the VOR in Nav mode, on the final 69 miles, but there was no VOR Nav function available, only the DME.

The edit function is not working. No direct to any waypoints, especially disappointing on approach, when the waypoints in the plan are not selectable.

Hope this gets a priority patch.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi all i World add to the issues The absence of OBS mode to Suspend The navigation leg and keep a fixed bearing on the active waypoint. Super useful to fly holding and was implemented in FSX

2 Likes

I’ve experienced all of the above, but I’ll add a few items I haven’t seen mentioned yet:

DCLTR
I’ve noticed that it only toggles a few items. The real avionics have three levels of declutter.

Track Up
A basic option that is currently unavailable. IRL, I always fly with Track Up and only use North Up to verify my flight plan is entered correctly.

Terrain
Would like to be able to turn terrain off and/or overlay Terrain Proximity on the MFD.

Display Backup
Reversionary Mode needs to be implemented.

Heading Sync
Appears to only work on the ground. In flight, it will snap the heading bug right or left several degrees.

5 Likes

Ok, so it’s not me, it’s the stinking G1000, I thought I was getting senile, not getting this to work. If I remember the roadmap, monthly updates/patches hopefully they are sooner, and not monthly.

It’s so frustrating that the Garmin was released in this state, with lots of important features missing (I mean, we can’t even set a basic VNV profile) and what is actually implemented feels very janky. And then I read this: Daher’s TBM 930 very fast turboprop “spreads its wings” in the Microsoft Flight Simulator’s latest version

"In creating Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, the developers were assisted by engineers at Daher’s Aircraft Division to ensure the TBM 930 very fast turboprop aircraft’s characteristics are faithfully represented. Once finalized, the TBM 930 computer model underwent a final evaluation by the Daher engineering team."

:thinking:

6 Likes

Although I put this in as “Settings-Frustrating” the compass knob on the right side does not work to change it in the Cessna 172G1000 model. I do not know if this is a bug in any of the other A/C. So when I try to TO at KDZJ, and try to align the runway to the plane, cannot do it, and I cannot also get accurate VOR’s aligned, since cannot realign the compass. Oh, Thank you for working so hard to get this all fixed. Yes, new SW has growing pains, so hopefully soon this will be as good as FSX is, to at least navigate. I can go cross country, IFR with VOR as backup, in C-17 and know each and every VOR I cross, and can set up IFR/ILS approach easy. I have been frustrated in my inability to do the same in FS-2020. So thank you in advance for taking our issues to hear.

You can’t load a flight plan in the plane (as in import a .pln flight plan which has to be done from the menu), but you can just use the garmin to load a flight plan like you would in real life.

2 Likes

the is a Lack of Proc (procdural Approaches for GeneralAviation craft in the sat nav like Patern Entry routes ,
there seems no easy way either to load an AIRAC
And the Direct to Button Set dest , ENT ,(to confirm ENT to Load Ent To activate , ) as it shoudl be in the real thing ,
instead the microsoft version , has you rotate the buttons to get to load and Activate no auto selection of the expected Load , activate option

Another issue I noticed is you cant “arm” VOR navigation as shown in the manual page below. When you perform the procedure on that page, as soon as you hit NAV, instead of “armming” the intercept for when you arrive at the radial, the g1000 immediately turns and flies directly to that radial then continues on it.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1390276/Garmin-G1000.html?page=88

2 Likes

I had this gorgeous issue while flying to YBBN in the DA62
Reported it as a bug already via FS Zohodesk Bug reporting

2 Likes

I completely agree with Track Up.
I have never used North Up, unless in planning mode.

Definitely upvoted!

The Garmin nav systems (the 3000 & 5000) are one of my favorite features, and greatest frustrations, with the game presently.

I’m sure it will improve, but like you say, IMHO it should be a priority item.

Yes, the issues with G1000 (and all the others actually) needs to be a priority. It is hard to take this product seriously as a flight simulator when IFR is pretty much impossible due to system bugs and incomplete modeling. It currently has zero training or educational value because when one is trying to use AP/FMC and something doesn’t work as expected, it is often not an incorrect step by the pilot but is a glitch.

If MS has a vision of this product being tightly embraced by the VATSIM community, they have a lot of work to do. Because I would expect to be disconnected and possibly disciplined for the deviations that would be caused by these problems.

4 Likes

Hi all,

Not sure if this is something that belongs in this thread, but I was just playing around with the TBM. First real chance to spend a bit of time playing with the Avionics (excluding my Day 1 flight with the A320, prior to any additional patches being installed)

I got a full on Application Hang (Alt+F4 not working, had to kill the process through task manager) playing around with the Nav systems on the TBM.

I did a quick flight from an Airfield not far from me that I never even knew existed until seering it on the “Nearby” function, Flew over to YDUN using the Direct to function, Landed. Spun around and decided to do a significantly longer hop (~80nm) - I punched in YBWW as the Destination and took off, Hit the Nav and it seemed pretty happy to swing around to intercept it and fly on the way. 30nm or so along the way I decided to punch in an Intersection/Waypoint at the outer end of the Runway approach, rather than fly directly to the Airfield. It accepted this, Aircraft started turning to intercept the new path and at this point, I wanted to work out if I could centre the map on BWWNF (Waypoint) to look and see if I was happy with the new path. At this point, The sim Froze.

Screenshot included – I’ve also thrown this into ZenDesk too.

1 Like