I’m allowing myself to start a new thread about Garmin G1000/G3000 and autopilot related issues, such as:
- Unability to enter and properly edit routes in-flight
- Utilization of SID/STAR/Approach entries (erroneous, missing, etc.)
- Erroneous Direct-To functionality
- Erroneous Activate Leg functionality
- Erroneous autopilot functionality, e.g. Flight Level Change (FLC)
- CTD experienced while using systems
Most of the issues have been posted in the aircraft related sub-sections where no upvoting is available to increase priority. I personally believe it’s important to upvote the topic here as it appears to pertain lots of users which have at least a basic interest for proper IFR flying.
Among the whole lots of issues we should distringuish between bugs and not yet implemented features, e.g.:
- VNAV is an additional feature for future
- Flight plan editing and autopilot FLC inaccuracies I would consider as a bug since the functionality itself is implemented.
To give this post a bit more structure, following are links to the most prominent posts:
Do note that issues reported for a specific aircraft type are likely to occur on other aircraft using the same Garmin avionics, e.g. C172 vs. DA62.
PS. I am aware that bugs should be reported via Zendesk, yet the priority on the forums has been increased by adding the upvoting functionality.