My pc
Gtx1080TIZotac
Core i7 4770K3.5
Cpu&gbu without any oc
Ram 16 gb 1600 mhz
Powersupply 600 w
Hdd 1TB
Running on medium settings
Only 40 m of flying after that frezzing & igot my crash message I tried everything but no luck
Really we need a sulotion as soon as possible :pensive:

FYI , I uninstalled MSI Afterburner and( so far in the usual locations ) my crashes to desktop have stopped.

Someone can try this out and let us know. I do have MSI afterburner installed but unfortunately i uninstalled the sim

Hi,
Installed, then uninstalled,
MSI afterburner has not modified CTD on loading screen in any way.
Crashs scenario stays identical at the precise second.

Sorry,

Thomas that area in the sim is a known issue that will cause a CTD and is currently being addressed by devs.

@Support Next patch list?

225/03 Wind Thread
Wind Testing
Live Weather and Wind Readings are Not accurate
Live Weather Not Working
Live Weather Error
Garmin G1000/G3000 & Autopilot Related Issues
Turboprop Engine Logic Issues
ATC Incorrect Phraseology
Baron G58 Missing ALT Knob
Night lighting – Terrain emits light?
Dreadful Performance

Where the ■■■■ is https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-to-desktop-without-error-message in their list? This thread already surpassed the upvotes of issues mentioned above.

4 Likes

What worked for me is setting max cpu usage in battery power plan settings to 99 percent because I heard intel had some sort of glitch to do with thermal throttling or something. If you cant find it use https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/107967-add-remove-maximum-processor-state-power-options-windows.html

Hi all, I promised to share my observations after upgrading my PSU. Here it is: while my total power consumption dropped by 50-60 W in average (!) meaning this amount was just used to produce heat - the CTD still happens. The temps are still fine, so no overheating for sure. At least my PC is much, much quieter now when I’m playing FS2020.

I’m very disappointed as I am unable to fly a longer flight e.g. with an airliner…

Does MS reply to your bug reports in Zen desk? I filed 6 crash reports already but the ticket is still open…

They will (eventually) set it to resolved, when it gets through triage and to the development team. It took over a week for them to move mine from open to ‘solved’. I got this about 10 days after I submitted my original zendesk ticket.

Thank you for submitting your report, We’ve sent it to the Development Team for Review!
In the meantime, we’ll submit this ticket as Solved and contact you if we need any additional Information!
Kind Regards,
MSFS Support Team.

I still CTD any time I :

• Load to game world with anything other than NVidia forcing the game to 30fps
  • Load to game world at any majorly large airport/city, regardless of having forced 30fps

Given they don’t even have the CTD megathread on their to-do lists, I don’t have any hope of it being resolved in the near-to-mid future.

I think it’ll be months before it’s fixed at this point.

1 Like

Me too. Not even a single long flight so far. wasted so much money upgrading and was so hyped.

1 Like

Okay so I noticed in event viewer I got a Nvlddmkm error message just before the sim crashed to desktop (before I had uninstalled MSI Afterburner). In addition to uninstalling MSI Afterburner, I also switched the ECO mode switch on my EVGA 650 power supply to on. I don’t know if that fixed anything but I was able to fly for 1-2 hours without a game crash.

If you looked in the dev update that was on the 3rd. The dreadful performance post was on the list.

The Dreadful performance post isn’t about CTDs, but about bad performance, so it really seems they won’t address this. This thread (CTD) is apparently the 2nd most voted thread and also 2nd by the number of replies. Unbelievable they don’t address this…

Yeah, I know. So far I invested only in a new GPU (2070S) and PSU. Quite a lot of $. I still have CPU, MB and RAM on my list, but waiting for the new Ryzen to be released. So I need to wait like 1-3 months. But now I see that hardware changes may not mean the game won’t crash :confused:

I have the same problem as you all. I tried a few things from this forum but now Sim CTD most of the time while loading flight. I hope they will fix this issue soon :pensive: Specs: I7-9700k, RTX 2080S

1 Like

its not the hardwares its just a bad coding.

1 Like

After today I’m not so sure anymore…I decided to optimize airflow in my PC chassis. And I did it big time. ‘Customized’ it really heavily and the results are really good. I removed 2 disk blanking from the front of my PC case (15x8 cm) and installed a wire mesh in this place. This way my CPU temp dropped from 74-76C in full load in FS2020 to 60-64C, so a huge amount!
Then I cut a big rectangular hole on the side of my case and also installed a mesh. I added a second PC chassis fan on the side on the height of my RTX2070. It also lowered its temperature but not so noticeably. From about 70-73C to 68-70C under full load.

I started to think that my crashes had something to do with CPU temperature for some reason. And I made 3 long flights today. 7 hours in total. It did crash, but this time the crash is different than the others I used to have and the crashes happened not during a flight, but shortly after the flight started, right after the loading screen when all the animation is a lot choppy as everything is initializing.
This time my crashes look like this:
Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: FlightSimulator.exe, wersja: 1.7.14.0, sygnatura czasowa: 0x5f467f35
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: KERNELBASE.dll, wersja: 10.0.19041.423, sygnatura czasowa: 0xed02c0bc
Kod wyjątku: 0x80000003
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x00000000000c9212
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x2204
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x01d686c4d0383dfa
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Identyfikator raportu: d875a570-999e-4fe2-b60e-9d89dc78bc6a
Pełna nazwa pakietu powodującego błąd:
Identyfikator aplikacji względem pakietu powodującego błąd:

So the error happed in KERNELBASE module.
And so far my crashes had empty module name and happened during flight:

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: FlightSimulator.exe, wersja: 1.7.14.0, sygnatura czasowa: 0x5f467f35
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: FlightSimulator.exe, wersja: 1.7.14.0, sygnatura czasowa: 0x5f467f35
Kod wyjątku: 0xc000001d
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x00000000013e6f7d
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x5054
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x01d68605f4e90891
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Identyfikator raportu: 95cbbcf1-fdd1-442a-ae7a-4f5e514cb932
Pełna nazwa pakietu powodującego błąd:
Identyfikator aplikacji względem pakietu powodującego błąd:

I will be testing this tomorrow as well. will switch on AI and will run some long haul flights. Right now it is like when the flight starts it lasts for hours.
Perhaps there is something in the code related to CPU temperature and triggers a crash. While 75-78C is still fine for my CPU - the game used to crash at these temperatures. Right now when it oscillates around 60-65C it’s running fine and crashes only at startup. My current crash may be because I upgraded to Windows version 2004 at the end of August. I should have stayed with 1909, but it’s too late now to rollback.

I just installed a AIO plus AC just in front of the PC , temps are below 50c now and still crashes. So its not temps

1 Like

OK, you guys are going to love this. I was flying MSFS OK, until last weeks update. After the update I started getting more pauses/hang ups when flying into areas that were more populated. Then the next night it turned in to a slide show and crashed. Now it won’t even start. I get this error, sometimes, when I try to start it now.

1 Like

These are the errors I received when it first crashed. Remember, i was running this game/sim fine until the most recent update.