Garmin G1000/G3000 & Autopilot Related Issues

A lot of RNAV approaches are broken. If you follow the altitudes on an approach plate most of the time the GP will never be captured. ILS works much better.

Anyone test to see if Navigraph’s navdata beta fixes this?

1 Like

I was very disappointed that none the G1000 issues were addressed in the latest patch. It really does need to be a priority for MS/Asobo. Without fully functioning instruments, it is difficult to claim the simulator is realistic.

5 Likes

My new Realsim G1000 is mothballed right now. Hope integration can be added soon so I can actually use it!

1 Like

The Carenado 182 uses default/stock avionics, they haven’t built their own or copied. G1000 displays and the KAP 140 autopilot. It seems the nosedive issue is with the KAP 140. It happens to me in every stock aircraft that uses it.

Gamrin constantly crashing on TBM if you try to touch the flight plan. Most of the times you are able to make Direct To some flight plan waypoint but that is it…Anything else causes Flight Simulator to freeze.

3 Likes

It seems as if the latest patch didn’t address any of these issues:

DCLTR
I’ve noticed that it only toggles a few items. The real avionics have three levels of declutter.

Track Up
A basic option that is currently unavailable. IRL, I always fly with Track Up and only use North Up to verify my flight plan is entered correctly.

Terrain
Would like to be able to turn terrain off and/or overlay Terrain Proximity on the MFD.

Display Backup
Reversionary Mode needs to be implemented.

Heading Sync
Appears to only work on the ground. In flight, it will snap the heading bug right or left several degrees.

My autopilot randomly dies, even though I have all failures turned off.

But at least we have new ATC voices. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I fly the TBM a lot and while the last patch helped with many of the issues the procedures page is still a bit of a mess (I’m sure this applies to all the aircraft, not just the TBM). Most of the time when activating the approach the AP sends me back to my last way point before getting back on course…really annoying.

2 Likes

Yes, here too with this problems. While putting in a direct-to activates (most the times correctly) the leg sends me back to the last WP before the direct-to after reaching the WP directed-to. Sometimes I was able to crash the G1000 with multiple direct-to in a row during one flight.

Other problem on this topic:
Currently in my DA-62 the MFD is not turning on (keeps black after Master switch on) any more when starting up from the dark. I already reinstalled the aircraft without any effect. The result is that this aircraft is not usable for me.

Maybe someone got a hint here to fix that issue?

I just had this yesterday flying from New Orleans to a hurricane? I plotted the departure from KPBT, arrival on the “custom” in the eye of the hurricane. Get in the TBM, the FPL shows no magenta line but the CDI shows. AP to GPS also flew in the correct position. VFR map also doesn’t show.

After the visit all hell broke loose. I direct to KBPT, no line, again, line shows. Requested landing it puts me on 33, I wanted 12, but the ATC window didn’t have select another runway. So I tried to ignore the ATC and do my own ILS12 by choosing approach, click load and activate, the touchscreen flashed and did not activate, did not show ILS12 on the button, and the magenta line disappeared.

Tried to reset the origin using the left touchscreen (thinking the original FPL hanging what I tried to do), click origin, click remove waypoint. The entire left touchscreen hanged and won’t let me back out or home. Bricked.

I then used the right touch screen to find out the freq of the ILS12, CDI LOC, LOC1 captured with GS, clicked APR, AP back on, the plane kept turning right infinite and won’t go to LOC even though diamond showing on the GS.

10 minutes later, the fps went from 45 to 20 to 7 to 5 to 1. And CTD. Entire duration 1 hour 35 minutes. This never happened, ever. My flights were always smooth even after the patch. But those weren’t on the G3000.

The G1000 DISPLAY BACKUP button doesn’t work on DA40NG

you have to activate ‘leg to next waypoint’ to avoid this.

Is that in the “Menu” page? I’ll have to check again, I think the last time I checked the feature was inop but that was probably before the patch.

FSX with all limitations allowed to changed destination on the fly. Not fs2020. Hope they can fix this issue.

Sometime “activate leg” works, sometimes not. Its still a very buggy G1000. Yesterday again a CTD while changing WPs.

1 Like

Im betting Asobo is being pinned against the Microsoft wall to spend all their time getting the console version done and released before the bad press of the PC version hits mainstream news. Right now they’re still riding the wave of glowing reviews from those with more viewers than flight sim hours.

3 Likes

I’m only familiar with the TBM930… it is on the small display panel that controls the MFD and PFD just below the center display.

I don’t know if this has been reported, but I haven’t seen it. Sometimes the AP will repeat a GPS leg before activating the next leg in a flight plan. This seems to happen around the start of an approach.

For example, if you have a plan that contains waypoints A, B, C, sometimes AP will fly A to B, and then turn around to fly B to A, and then back again for A to B before proceeding to C. Up until it starts toward C, it shows B at the top of the MFD as the next waypoint.

This happened once after I tried to change one RNAV approach to a different RNAV approach, and then again on my next RNAV flight.

2 Likes

I tested it yesterday and I couldn’t get the Activate Leg feature to work. The only workaround I’ve found is to load the approach before I get to the last waypoint on my flight plan. If an approach is loaded after I pass the final waypoint the GPS will turn me around and fly me back to that waypoint before turning around again and continuing on the approach. However, if the approach is loaded before reaching the final waypoint the GPS will simply it tack it onto the end of the flight plan and cotinue on as it should. Basically, the GPS doesn’t seem to know how to get the plane from where it is to where you want to go without following the preloaded flight plan.

1 Like

I think you’re talking about the same issue I am.

Yes, except for the second trip, I made no changes to the flight plan in flight. I just followed the route created on the World Map.