Garmin G1000 NXi Issues and Support

Hello all,

Since the G1000 NXi is now out of early access, we are opening a thread in the main Aircraft & Systems category. This will be the main thread for G1000 NXi issues and support going forward!

Thanks!

13 Likes

Hello, I am new here, coming from Xplane11…
G1000NXi is really superb (WIP).
Question: how to store/save a flightplan which was created direct in the active FP screen?
Is there somewhere a NXi operating manual? (MSFS manual, not Garmin…)
Hendrik Everaert

That is presently not possible in the sim, as JavaScript instruments are unable to write to the filesystem.

Because the sim NXi operates so closely to the real unit for the features that are implemented (which is substantially most of them) we recommend the actual Garmin manuals. We did not build a whole new manual just for the sim NXi because we felt we would just be copying the majority of the real manual at that point, and they’re freely available from Garmin.

1 Like

My feedback is this: while this new version of the G1000 PFD may be more realistic, it is also harder to read as the text and numbers now use a smaller and less bold fond.

I would very much apprechiate some sort of accessibility feature so I can switch back to larger text like the old one has.

Maybe thats not realistic but if this were reality, I wouldnt be allowed to fly because of the exact same handicap that now is the issue when using the new G1000.

Otherwise, I really like it though !

1 Like

Looks fine to me, but I am running a big screen at 1440p. Maybe just zoom in a bit?

2 Likes

Curious problem I can’t figure out. Flying the Kodiak, if I set the target altitude to a value and have the autopilot fly to that using either FLC or VS mode, the aircraft seems to level off and stay at an altitude about 100-150 feet below the target altitude. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Thanks.

Do you have the latest NXI installed from the Marketplace? This is required to work with third party aircraft.

Make sure your pressure setting is correct.

Thanks, I checked and I do have the most recent version installed.

Thanks, I have made sure the pressure is set correctly. Still not sure what’s happening.
Tried it with one of the default planes with the same results.

Hey Matt do you think we will see the G-1000NXi for the King Air?

1 Like

Please update or remove your TDS GTN. The older version you have installed interferes with the operation of the sim autopilot.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve deleted all previous versions of Working Title software, removed and re-installed the latest version of the G1000 from the Market Place, and yet I still get the same outcome…if I set 3500 ft as the target altitude it will change the target and level off at about 3340 ft, or 6000 ft will level off at 5840 ft. Very curious.

As mentioned, it isn’t the MSFS G1000NXi that you need to delete and/or reinstall; this issue is caused by a completely different and unrelated addon, which is the TDS GTN750Xi. This addon runs external software when MSFS starts that messes with the operation of the sim autopilot.

Please either update the TDS GTN750Xi or uninstall it from your system.

You can find the TDS GTN750Xi here: TDS GTNXi for Flight Simulator

Thank, that seems to have solved the problem. Sorry I didn’t understand your instructions the first time. Much appreciated.

My pleasure, glad that got it sorted!

Hey guys! I have asked the discord a few times about a way to fix this but no avail/response, so I am taking to the forums! I noticed a month or so ago that my g1000s are in UTC time instead of LCL (Local) time. I preferred local time just to feel more immersed, and also to know the time in general. Is there a way to change it back??? Is it a bigger setting I should be looking into? Let me know!!!

On the MFD, turn the FMS large rotary dial until you see the “aux” page and on there you’ll see “system setup”. Press the end of the FMS button, and it will highlight the options. Cycle until you get to “time format” and then use the little rotary switch to move to the option you want (local 12 or 24). Press the end of the FMS button again…
Regards

2 Likes

Thank you, Habu2u2.

For those not familiar yet with navigating the NXI UI, here are the exact steps to set a local time using the large and small MFD FMS knobs and the MFD ENT button:

1. Turn the large FMS knob until you see “Aux” highlighted in the page tabs pop up and the System Setup page behind the page tabs pop up
  2. To dismiss the page tabs pop up, wait a few seconds or press/click the small FMS knob
  3. To enter System Setup editing mode, press the small FMS knob to start the currently selected setup option flashing.
  4. If “Time Format” is not already flashing, turn the large FMS knob until “Time Format” is flashing
  5. Turn the small FMS knob to select the option you want (Local 12 or Local 24)
  6. Press/click the ENT button to set the selected Time Format
  7. Turn the large FMS knob until “Time Offset” is flashing
  8. Turn the small FMS knob to enter the “Time Offset” edit mode
  9. Turn the large FMS knob to select the +/-, hours, or minutes sections of the Time Offset
  10. Use the small FMS knobs to change the +/-, hours, and minutes sections of the Time Offset
  11. Press/click the ENT button to set the selected Time Offset
  12. Press/click the small FMS knob to stop the flashing
  13. Turn the large FMS knob to return to the navigation map