Get rid of the snow on runways, taxiways, aprons and roads

There certainly needs to be less snow at large airports. But I still want the snow cover to be as it is now when I fly into small aerodromes. Such as in Canada and Alaska where there is “NO WINTER MAINTENANCE”.

Maybe there could be some settings for this in the airport editor/SDK so that each airport has it’s own settings with seperate options for Runway, Taxiway and Apron/Ramp snow clearances e.g. Something like this:

1. No clearance (as it is now, and is correct for unmaintained small aerodromes/strips)

2. Light clearance (less snow thickness/opacity(darker tarmac is visible through the snow, but only slightly) like for small aerodromes that are only occasionally plowed)

3. Moderate clearance/streaky effect (like a large airport where it is plowed often but it often snows heavily)

4. Good clearance (like at a large international airport where it doesn’t often snow heavily)
    airport-runway-takeoff-airplane-flight-260nw-567632632

That way it could be set to mimic how that specific airport is cleared of snow in real life rather than blanket changes to everywhere!

Edit: I just searched for and found that there is already an SDK request roughly along these lines:

3 Likes