Get Win 11 through FS-2020?

??

1 Like

No, from the release notes.

“To celebrate the launch of Windows 11, Microsoft Flight Simulator is lighting up some of the world’s most famous points of interest in Windows 11 colors! There is also a free livery for the EXTRA 330LT.”

1 Like

Ah, thanks a lot.
Have not read through the complete release notes.

1 Like

imagine the pain to download & install Win11 via the MSFS downloader :rofl: :sob:

9 Likes

Speed wise it shouldn’t be an issue! It’s only about 5 GB, so half of my “World Update updates” today, which took about 5 minutes.

Today I downloaded and installed the latest update in MSFS 2020.
After the update was done without any errors, there was 2 notifications.
One of them told me the Windows 11 was downloaded successfully.
Since when MSFS 2020 downloads and / or installs Windows 11 ?!?!?!
See the attached screenshot:

It is just the livery as explained !!

release notes : “To celebrate the launch of Windows 11, Microsoft Flight Simulator is lighting up some of the world’s most famous points of interest in Windows 11 colors! There is also a free livery for the EXTRA 330LT.” !!

I got this message too….I was wondering how they got Windows 11 to install on my Xbox hahahaha

Thank you for the info.

But I’m confused, what exactly does this mean “To celebrate the launch of Windows 11, Microsoft Flight Simulator is lighting up some of the world’s most famous points of interest in Windows 11 colors! There is also a free livery for the EXTRA 330LT.” !!”?
What dos this " some of the world’s most famous points of interest in Windows 11 colors" mean and where can I find this POI?!?!
Sorry but in my opinion this one of the moste confusing release note entry i have every seen.

So I hope some one can explain this in a much mor detail.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Yeah. I saw this and freaked, thinking MS had updated my Win10. Not ready for Win11 yet. Will see how others find it before dipping my toes in.

Glad that I’m not the only one confused by that message.

the good new´s,
you can deinstall this unwanted stuff…Done :+1:

3 Likes

Except the Start Menu Win 11 is great!
If you have a CPU from intel :laughing:
With an AMD CPU: Wait a bit until the fixes in OS and Chipset and / or UEFI are released.

Probably the Eiffel Tower and Empire State Building and similar landmarks will be lit up in blue to celebrate the launch of Windows 11. Don’t worry - Flight Simulator is not going to update your operating system - LOL

Lol really bad naming. I didn’t think it had downloaded actual Windows 11, but was seriously puzzled even after reading the announcement about the lit up POIs earlier in the day.

What a joke :rofl:
The most confusing release, indeed!

Imagine my surprise when I’ve seen this notification on my XBox:
W11_1
What ? Windows 11 on Xbox ? installed by MSFS ?
Really very confusing.

I checked on content manager, yes, I’ve a Windows 11 installed!
W11_2

It’s understandable that MS is promoting W11 through FS2020, even on XBox, but naming this component Windows 11 is certainly the worst idea at the moment.

Step 1 - update MS Store
Step 2 - download update from launch update screen
Step 3 - download new start menu, background services, sound pack, localization and the rest of windows component by component from content manager.
Step 4 - CTD (Crash to DOS prompt)
Step 5 - empty community folder
Step 6- add folders back one by one checking windows 11 for crashes

1 Like

Why on earth would I want to celebrate the launch of Windows 11 in Flight Simulator with Windows 11 theme colours and aircraft liveries? This appeal is akin to the unwanted graffiti on the side of my delivery truck.

1 Like

Just uninstall the windows 11 package, if you don’t like it. Simples.

1 Like

“And now a word from our sponsor…”
The next thing will be 1-2 commercials (1) before, in between and after a flight!
(1) non-interruptible of course