Getting frequent "Connection Lost" alerts and now being taken offline

During the past 2-3 days I’m getting these up to several with each flight now, and some of them result in automatically being put on Offline Mode. I verified my internet connection (using Event Viewer, EventID 55) is solidly connected when these alerts appear so this must be happening on the MSFS servers which is odd because the message implies it is something wrong w/ the internet connection, not to the MSFS server specifically… I tried a different server and still got the message, though way more frequent on the US West Coast connection. I’ve been at this now for 3y and it has been relatively rare until the last couple of days. Sadly, I use A Pilot’s Life which has a ridiculous penalty when you pause the flight, so this means I can’t even restore online Bing Data Graphics when this happens without incurring a penalty (it scores all flights towards your pilot rating).

How many others are having this issue now, recently occurring frequently? Is it on the MSFS servers side, or perhaps a downed leg somewhere on its circuitous path to those servers? I would think if it were on the MSFS servers many would be getting these now.

2 Likes

Just had this happen today while taxiing at KVNY before takeoff…haven’t used this sim in a while.

I am getting it a lot lately. I am using the US East server as the West US server is worse. I also lose ATC on every single flight. I feel the problem is with the MS servers. I have AT&T Gigabit Fiber and my internet connection is rock solid. I do not have any problems with anything except MSFS 2020. For me this issue has been happening since MSFS 2020 came out.

Considering these are common problems with people around the world with various grades of Internet service, you can bet it’s a server-side issue. I haven’t been able to complete a flight with built-in ATC till the end of the flight in over a year now. And I’m not the only one.

And those connection lost errors are very common and have been since about the SU5 timeframe.

1 Like

I’ve had ATC drop out on my last 3 flights. One threw the disconnect error message and went to offline voices, but then I couldn’t acknowledge the message. Fortunately this happened right after I cleared the runway and requested parking, so I just parked my plane and ended the flight. The other two times the audio quit for both ATC and pilot towards the end of the flight, but I could still see the text in the message window.

This just started happening in the last week or so. For a long time I was able to complete my flights with no ATC issues.

happening with me too… using a pilots life as well. Many times disconnected last flight over Norway. Am in Europe. having to constantly turn on Bing every minute or so is frustrating and completely ruins the whole flight experience. High Speed Fibre internet verified working fine on everything else, restarted and speedtested to 800 - 950 Mb/s no probs except with MSFS. At least the disconnected message is not right in the middle of screen now though!

1 Like

Is the sim still turning off online services automatically when the connection drops?

First time that happened to me I had no idea I needed to go back into the settings menu and re-enable data. Offline rendering looks atrocious.

Moved to Tech Talk which is more appropriate :+1:

It’s loops back to this message, so can’t interact with it.

That REALLY BAD part of this sim-killing problem is that when the message pops up that you’ve lost connection, a 2nd message appears very quickly stating you’ve been taken Offline. Then, “Connection Success!” appears very quickly after you’re been taken offline but it then DOES NOT reestablish Bing Graphics. If this keeps up much long it may sadly be time to visit one of the other sims because this has now gone on for 3 days, and of course there is no official comment.

I haven’t seen it as much simming, but sometimes I get frequent disconnects when using the SDK.

I too have been getting connection lost errors all day today followeed a few seconds later with connection established but bing graphics don’t load.

Yes im getting this as well

Cant load a flight. The blue load indicator stops after about 80% :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Well, no problems w/ lost connections now for nearly a week now. Who knows…probably someones on server-side…

I get this occasionally, despite having a 1gig+ fiber connection. More irritating than the actual disconnect, is the constant messages popping up in your face in VR. Is there any way to just disable the disconnect messages?