Give the developers a break

The flight sim community is filled with a lot of great people, until an update comes out.

Many months we all complained that the performance is absolute trash. Now that we have a new update that improved the performance by quite a bit for many people, we are having people complaining about the quality of the ground at FL300 and above.

It’s so annoying that this community compares FS to Xplane. Xplane has been out for 5 years, FS has been out for 11 and a half months and has had MAJOR improvements in that time.

Give asobo a break, they will get it right. They will get a hot fix ready. Just have patience.

19 Likes

If I bought a car and it got this bad after a year I wouldn’t have much patience

12 Likes

If you chose to buy a car that was using all new technologies for the engine and the manufacturer was trying to make the bestc ar ever but slowly working along the way and told you that over time they will continue to tweak and upgrade your car, then you should know what to expect.

6 Likes

If I buy a car and it doesn’t work I’ll go to the garage and they fix it.

At least cars come with a warranty.

1 Like

I take it you are not having any issues - great. However, I cannot help but feel you are trolling those who have and are being deliberately provocative.

I have spent hundreds of pounds on this software and I expect it to at least load correctly.

Yes I am upset that I have spent all this money and now have completely non-functional software.

21 Likes

I am not trolling at all actually. I’ve spent hundreds on scenery on this game as well. I used to have a lot of CTD’s before this update and then those were fixed, so all I’m saying is give them time.

1 Like

Agree with you 100%, but unfortunately based on the immediate responses you’ve received, your request will fall on deaf ears.

Asobo and MS are clearly on a Misson to deliver their vision here, and that’s to be applauded. I, for one, hope they stick to their plan and don’t get derailed and diverted. They’re are of course issues with this update, no one is saying otherwise. But we need to see the bigger picture and give the devs time.

All the car analogies are of course, unhelpful.

4 Likes

LOL Yeah, I think you’re right…my car example was pretty lame.

4 Likes

Maybe the group that does the beta testing needs to be cleared out. No, I’m not implying that have done a bad job by any stretch of the imagination. I’m only thinking that maybe a completely new set of people with different perspectives could help. Perhaps limit the amount of times one could be a tester for them. Again, not an attack on testers, I think they do great overall. :man_shrugging:

So… like a Tesla? Y’know, the ones that get OTA firmware updates that increase power and make them better and all without making axles self eject or doors fall off?

9 more years?

I am fine if this was an XBOX centric update, but you expect the working “sideproject” at least not be demolished for many users…

They already gave the XBOX the Directx12 version first, fine, i can live with that, but I get a bad taste in my mouth when I have feeling someone used a sledgehammer on my muscle car, to make the new beatle look nicer.

Also, dont forget, there was supposedly a BETA test?!

1 Like

Unhelpful how? The forums settled for months before this update, just as so many of the more patient customers (and asobo) had asked, nay, begged for, and look at what was delivered… yet again…

Look I respect you and your community contributions. However, the “please be patient” narrative, which seems more and more like a just an anti-consumer sentiment is getting tired.

I think your focus on reasonable discourse, patience, etc. is virtuous, but ultimately, not going to result in change, and I’ll explain why I believe that:

People forget who they are dealing with. MS has the most notorious history in software for leaving consumers high and dry. This game-as-a-service is no exception.

If they cared about game stability, they never would have launched on Xbox this week - especially after the beta testers who are gagged under a rediculous NDA reported virtually all of these problems beforehand.

I’m sorry, I just cannot accept the premise here that Microsoft is doing anything to push the needle forward towards quality when this dumpster fire of a release gets out.

It’s about $$$$.

4 Likes

I miss this…it fit all on one 3.5 floppy in 1984. (I still have that mac!!)

4 Likes

Not trolling when the previous title of this thread referred to people complaining about SU5 as “Cry Babies” (hence why it was locked)

… and you marked your own reply as the “solution” - priceless :rofl:

4 Likes

Not to be contrary, but X-Plane has been around since “the turn of the century.” :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant :+1:t2:

You mean “GIve me more time - oh by the way, have a look at our new motorcycles”

• the car analogy is a gift that keeps on giving, it seems.

100% agree, I get frustrated reading the forums, it feels like everyone is 12 and wants everything right now or they throw a tantrum. Really annoying.

3 Likes

I know this is unacceptable from ms but I had to laugh at your lemons dealership analogy :+1:t2::flushed::joy: