Give the developers a break

That’s an offense against all the people that spent the last weeks on testing, reporting, retesting etc.
Beta testing isn’t just fun and I’m sure most people raging in the forums would have not been good testers either. Because that’s not the kind of feedback bringing anything forward.

2 Likes

After a year now I have no doubt that Asobo ignores the testers. No tester would say, “Ship it!” in its current state.

1 Like

No it didn’t. As with any beta test, you won’t get everything fixed. But suggesting that the beta didn’t help is simply wrong.

2 Likes

It didn’t help…things are worse.

Try 26 years :wink:

1 Like

I suggest just signing up for the next beta and finding out for yourself which of you are correct.

Merely a mistake about the solution button; I am on mobile. The subtle attacks are annoying. You’ve contributed and so have I so no more back and forth with me.

Been part of all betas since they started doing them. So consider my posts with some background knowledge here.

As with all technology development, developers can take a break when the job is done - right now it isn’t so back to work!!

Also, small observation. Where on the bug list did it say clouds were under saturated, too dark and too 3D? I don’t remember seeing that on the feedback wish list.

1 Like

I am sorry, but when you refer to people having issues with SU5 as “cry babies” then you must expect to provoke some kind of reaction?

2 Likes

Ah weird, wonder why you have no tag after your name?

No tags for regular beta tests.
Only alpha and VR Beta (which I wasn’t part of) have them.

Ahh makes sense.

At least for the “too dark” part there were quite some threads, here are examples:

Take it however you want. I don’t really care. I’m entitled to an opinion. I’ve been FS user since the mid 1980s.

No it isn’t. He merely understands how sims work and obviously has been there in the past when the other sims were under construction. Most people here have no idea what it was like back then, and judging by the complete meltdowns of some people, over a cloud detail, those individuals would have been hospitalized going from Xplane 9 to 11 or from P3D v1 to v4. Msfs2020 is changing incredibly rapidly, compared. The main problem is that most don’t understand the challenges involved when developing a sim.

1 Like

I’m not mad at the developers; I’m mad at whichever manager keeps their development schedule so bad! Long update cycle creates huge integration problems at the major update points, and then they test it but put the small number of testers under NDA, then ship without fixing most of the problems reported.

That’s management, not devs. Be mad at managers.

They should follow standard industry practice instead:

• continuous integration
  • frequent small releases
  • opt-in public beta channel like Windows Insiders
  • NO NDA ON BETA TESTERS
  • SLIP FEATURES TO LATER RELEASES IF THEY DON’T WORK

Try HDR oh hang on that doesn’t work properly either ………

HDR works perfectly for me. What problem are you having?

Note that since SU4 times, it doesn’t always pick up the monitor’s peak brightness correctly. I find that if things are “too bright” in the sim, I just pop over to Windows Settings and cycle HDR off and back on and it’s perfect.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip , I will try that thanks

1 Like