Giving up on simming after update V?

Giving up on simming after update 5?

13 Likes

Not really… why?

15 Likes

Until they solve CTDs you can’t do anything else

10 Likes

ja warum denn so etwas, ohne Flusi Leben?

1 Like

Nope. Working fine for me.

11 Likes

Is anybody else giving up simming after update 5 wrecked the product? I’ve given up for a month, see if Asobo are able to regain control of their software, and if not that’s it for me. The introduction was a farce, and now this release a farce. I just can’t be bothered with it anymore.

19 Likes

No. Not at all.
Whenever I get fed up with MSFS2020 I jump into DCS or IL-2 for some fun.

9 Likes

Not at all. In fact it’s working fine for me.
But of a pointless thread really. If the op is giving up… then goodbye.

Regards
Steve

37 Likes

You must be lucky one who doesnt have scenery load in blobs. Or have all their controls ruined. Or crash to desktop regularly. Or use a camera that wont lock anymore. Or rolls left over time. Or uses ATC (i know, use vatsim or something). Or flies IFR.

7 Likes

Im trying to gauge how many other people have been badly affected by update 5.

6 Likes

thread closure in 3…2…1…

2 Likes

If you haven’t you’re lucky, I envy you.

So many posts about this. Its beyond boring to be honest.

18 Likes

I admit I had a few problems with the update… but then we had the hotfixes.

In any case… who is to say your problems won’t de fixed with update 6… or 7? It’s a long time project.
I’ve been Flight simming for over 20 years. Not going to give it up just like that… I’m loving it more than ever now :grinning:

Regards
Steve

3 Likes

Should just be merged into one mega thread.

4 Likes

Well thats a nice opinion to have. You don’t agree with me so my opinion isn’t valid. Or is criticism of the product not allowed?

7 Likes

Well I did have some of those issues… But I already anticipated these issues were going to come when the update comes in, so I mitigated those risks, and keep on top of them.

Controls Ruined = Open controls, reset everything and analyse them and adjust them accordingly.
Crash to Desktop = Must be a mod issue, so I pull them out, and start with vanilla, then slowly put mods back in one at a time starting from the most essential to the least.
Camera that won’t lock = Again, open controls, and readjust things appropriately.
Default ATC incorrect Altitude = Change my altimeter to match the ATC. That stops the nagging.
Flies IFR = I fly IFR all the time, the issues are minor and easily mitigated like changing to HDG/TRK mode when the NAV doesn’t follow the original flight path.

I’m a very adaptable and easily go-with-the-flow kind of person. If life gives me lemons, I make lemonade. If MSFS gives me issues, I mitigate them and work around them.

28 Likes

I hope for more hot fixes and to continue simming, but im not hopeful. Im a software developer. This release was all wrong. I bet poor folk in Asobo were forced into doing early. But releasing with bugs that could be seem in 5 minutes is a terrible situation to be in.

5 Likes

oh me dear learned friend no, the Mods have been closing these types of threads very quickly as they offer nothing constructive about them that hasn’t already been said a thousands times in the other Main thread that is active. Your opinion matters if worded intelligently, however this thread is doomed to closure.

2 Likes

Good on you. Sorry but I’m getting to that age where im sick of paying for oranges and getting lemons. I just want what i paid for to work. Like it used to. Any suggestions on fixing scenery loading in blobs???

8 Likes