Glider's start - Rudder Signalling Doesn't work

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

To Initiate Glider’s Aerotow, or Winch Launch You should waggle rudder multiple times left and right, however currently it doesn’t do anything. I have no dead-zone on Rudder Axis.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/wWuv93Liq7M

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start in Glider
Try to initiate Take-OFF method
See no interaction

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU XI

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

+1
I have no Idea what to do, I’ve moved my rudder countless times, nothing happens.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Guy runs next to the plane but the tow plane just never moves.

Might it have been tested with a controller mapping that moves the rudders to full deflection and you are trying it with a controller axis that doesn’t quite make it?

Not saying you should, but it might explain the issue?

1 Like

Worked fine in the training mode and yea it looks like my pedals are moving to full deflection

I’ve just been washing the dinner pots, so i’ll log in now and give it a go. :stuck_out_tongue:

What peripherals are you using to control your rudder?

It worked fine for me in Free Flight. Try a different airport

i am having the same problem, in free flight and in tutorial. I am using logitech rudder pedals and a logitech x56 hotas. i tried with the pedals and it did not work, then i tried to map it to z-axis of the stick and it did not work. i tried extra deadzones so rudders will be at maximum on each side but did not help

I have the same issue as well (in free fly or not and at different airports). I noticed that the guy keeping the wings horizontaly doesn’t appear and nothing happens when using the rudder. (btw I use the thrustmaster TCA airbus sidestick using the stick twist).

PS : I think that at least for me the problem is that the wings are not horizontal as shown in the video.

Thank you! The team is currently investigating this issue.

1 Like

Can those having this issue confirm if they are also using Steam or are on a different platform?

Thanks!

I use the microsoft store version

i am using Steam version

I had this same issue - training and in free flight - but it disappeared when I removed my mods. Possible mod conflict, I think.

I tried it from LINO, i think it was, and the tow plane seemed to get the signal, from me flapping my rudder pedals.

However, it then stopped before taking off and i just sailed through it, so it looks like i might need to RTFM to figure out how to ask the kind tow-pilot to get off the ground. :slight_smile:

Edit: Ah, there are tutorials. It gets better :slight_smile:

Ok I tried without any mods and I worked this time, I have no idea which mod could cause that problem.

1 Like

If you don’t take off first, the tow plane assumes you want to stop.

1 Like

Another questions for users having this issue: Are you using rudder pedals, and if so which ones? Thanks!

Apparently, some mod is causing the worker that holds the wings level not to spawn. With all my mods disabled everything works fine. Will have to try to narrow it down.

4 Likes