Glider's start - Rudder Signalling Doesn't work

I am using Thrustmaster’s Rudder Pedals - but for test purposes I have assigned rudder axis also to joystick tilt (With rudder pedals I can’t do fast movements to maximum deflection, if that’s needed for launch start condition)

That might just be it thanks.

I’ve just done most of the glider tutorials, apart from the ridge flying, and had no trouble with the take offs, so I’ll give LINO another go and see if i can take off properly.

MFG Crosswinds here and they appear to work just fine for signalling.

Could it also be how the pedals are mapped to the axis, as doesn’t at least one of the settings restrict the full travel along the axis and if it needs 100% deflection, might that trip up the signalling?

Hi everyone,

I am unable to reproduce this issue. I started a flight just now in the LS8 in free flight mode from the world map. Wagging my rudder pedals back and forth correctly signaled the wing runner to issue the “all out” command, and shortly thereafter the tow plane started its takeoff. I’m using the Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals with default control bindings.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

Guessing here, but might duplicate bindings also possibly restrict the movements of the rudder generated by the rudder pedals?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

N/A

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

N/A

1 Like

I’m using steam, Xbox controller, have 5% extremity dead zone on both triggers. Doesn’t work in tutorial or free flight.

P.s. Thank you for being on top of things!

I’m having this issue as well with Virtual Fly Ruddo pedals. Looking at the controls screen I can confirm that they are moving the axis to the full extents in each direction.

Would you mind screenshotting the layout that you’re using for the controller?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Windows Store Version

CH Pro Pedals - Full deflection calibrated

Hallo, I also had the problem that the guy holding the wing was not there and the glider tilted to the side. Both in free flight and in the tutorials. To cut a long story short, after clearing my community directory, everything worked as expected. After 30-40 restarts and systematic searching, I found the error in an airfield I had created myself (not published). I can’t say why, but it hasn’t been updated for a while, so I’ll check that soon. For me, it was definitely not due to the Kinetic Assistant or aircraft that use it, I thought before. Gliders that use the Kinetic Assistant are launched as before.
Everything is now running as expected.
These are my experiences. I hope it was helpful.
So, definitely empty the community folder first and then search for the directory or directories. I have proceeded systematically in alphabetical blocks. I would prefer to search for freeware (my opinion). Good luck
Greetings and happy gliding Ralf

1 Like

same here, i cant start my glider not even in training. I use logitech rudder pedals, and tried also with keyboard binds and joystick axis, but both didnt work anyways. Did you guys tried with a clear community folder? I havent, but i could image that one of the freeware gliders may be conflicting?

1 Like

Good thing would be to have a keybind to trigger the launch.

4 Likes

Never mind I thought I could get away with scenery in my community folder. All is well I apologize for waisting your time!

I found the problem on my end at least. Glider launching worked fine with all my mods enabled except for a custom airport I had created. Looking closer at that one I found I had configured the “Airport Services” section incorrectly. With that fixed, the worker spawns correctly and launching works again.

So, if you’re trying to narrow down what third-party mods may be conflicting for you, I’d suggest first disabling any airports with an AirportServices folder.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the Problem with misconfigured AirportServices, after some Divide and Conquer Searching i could find the problematic Airport.
EGAE City Of Derry Airport, Eglinton 2021 and surrounding area » Microsoft Flight Simulator this Airport is causing the issue for me.

Same issue. No-one holding the glider wing up off the ground and tow plane won’t take off. I suspect one of my many custom airports is causing this, as per above.

I discovered the same problem.

MSFS: On PC, Windows Store,
Hardware: Logitech 3D Extreme Pro, Honeycomb Bravo, X-Box Controller.
Tried the Joystick isolated, no help.

Plane DG1000.

I have the same issue as well (in free fly or not and at different airports). I noticed that the guy keeping the wings horizontaly doesn’t appear and nothing happens when using the rudder.

I had the same issue. Its probably triggered by a scenery you have installed. Deactivate them/remove them from your community-folder and it should work. To figure out which one is causing the trouble you need to test them one by one.