Glider's start - Rudder Signalling Doesn't work

I’m using MS Store version, with Thrusmaster flight hotas X

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it? Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

i use Ruddo+ Peddal , and correctely calibrate

I disabled all scenery using MSFS Add-On Linker and it now works.

A better way to identify bad addons is to disable half at a time. Keep halving until you find the culprit/culprits.

3 Likes

Hi thanks for this I searched by community folder for it, found it in one add on removed that add on and it now all works

2 Likes

wath is the name ?? i have the same and i search wath is

Thanks for sharing! Was the same for me. One of my projects contained a services.xml, which caused it. Do you have by any chance an example of an fixed services.xml, or did you just disable it for the moment?

1 Like

Using steam.

What did you search for exactly?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, exactly the same issue and steps.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Also watched a tutorial video where a runner seems to appear at the wing, but in my case, nothing.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I had the exact same problem. Went into flightsim.to today and looked for updates to my downloaded scenery. I came across the following which I had installed.

EGAC George Best Belfast City Airport, Northern Ireland (UK)

Update available

v1.19 recompiled with latest SDK for Sim Update 11 (40th Anniversary edition) compatibility (includes small change to Airport Services config that was conflicting with Glider training missions)

On updating the problem with glider signalling was resolved. This confirms that Airport Services config at some airports is causing the problem.

I can’t even start the very first tutorial. There is no cue at all what should I be doing to get the tow plane to take off.

It looks like leaving the ground first does indeed prompt the tow plane to also take off.

To get the tow plane to start its take-off run, you need to move your rudders left and right a few times. However, this thread is about peeps for which this doesn’t work and the issue appears to be that they have incompatible 3rd party airport sceneries in their community folder.

Search for “AirportServices” in your community folder, the addon which has that folder try removing the add on and see if it works

1 Like

Thanks. Did that. I found 149 hits including a bunch of payware content, not to mention dozens of free addons, so this needs to be resolved in some other way in the long run :slight_smile:
Cheers!

1 Like

Same here, it’s probably the addon thing for me as well. However, the tutorials are not really helpful. There’s no explanation of any kind in any of the tutorials except before loading in, so I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do even if I start airborne. :slight_smile:

There’s an eye symbol and an arrow highlighting the yoke for example… what does that even mean? :slight_smile:

By the way, I had no clue that I would need to waggle the rudder. How should a casual player know this?
(I did fly a LOT with gliders in FSX, but there they explained everything quite clearly.) Sometimes I’m baffled at the lack of info about basic stuff in this game… e.g. the ICAO of the 15 bespoke glider fields, for example…

1 Like

Did you have the sound turned up, as for me, the tutor tells you to “move your rudders left then right a few times”, to get the tow plane moving?

Hmm, good point. I hear no voice. I must have turned down the audio when I first installed the game and it never occured to me that it might be the issue. Indeed, I’m a bit thick. Thanks!

It’d be worth turning the volume up. The tutor has quite a nice voice. :slight_smile:

I managed to fix the issue on my side. It was caused by an airport which I’m developing at the moment.
As mentioned by others before, the error seems to be related to a file named Services.xml (or *.spb when compiled)
So here are my findings so far:

For Developers:
In my case I had to change input and output directories of AirportServices to a folder structure like this:
/AirportServices/ICAO/Services.xml and then rebuild the package. (I guess changing only output directory should also do the job, but I haven’t tried…)
Before that change my folder sturcture was like “/AirportServices/company-airport-icao/icao_service/Service.xml”

For AddonUsers:
I was able to fix my package by editing the folder structure as described above (“root_mod_folder/AirportServices/ICAO/Services.spb”) and then edit the layout.json File to match the new folder structure. So you might be able to fix some of your confilcting mods instead of deleting if you dont want to wait for an update by the developer.

Edit:
Before my described changes I didn’t see the guy on the left who is holding the wing straight, which probably made it impossible to launch the glider. So if you see him, but still arent able to initiate the start by pulling full left-right-left rudder. The issue might not be related to services.xml and the solution above wont work.

9 Likes