Glitches at water bodies

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Large/medium water bodies seems to have glitches and tears. It seems that they are moving as you moving along so they are constant.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

32.846291, 35.644128

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly in the above coordinates at low altitudes

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:


:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I get this problem at a lot of random places around the world

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same here: all over the world - but these problems were also present prior the SU10 beta, but it feels they increased since SU 10.

Yes, definitely increased for me as soon as I got the beta working properly, they are very bad around new York not just the water either but spreading from the water bodies into land.

At least at my reported location, I haven’t seen it in SU9

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES!

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Got worse with WU9 and much more worse with WU10!

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Not specific to any one place. Lot of rivers and lakes do not follow the laws of gravity.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. I have not had much time to fly for fun, so I have only tested it at the OP’s location, and it does seem to be a problem there.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Some comments here say that they have seen this before SU10. I, personally, have not. This appears to be similar, but not the same thing as the Black lines in the water bug. Prior to SU10, these black lines would stay static, but in SU10, they appear to move with the camera.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Taken using the drone camera in the same location given by the OP.

Hello,
That screenshot is a different issue. Do you remember where you saw that?

Don’t remember exactly where it was, sorry.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes in every water area

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes!

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

We had this on some waterbodies from the beginning on.
It got worse with WUX - USA 2.
Providing coordinates is a NoGo, I would fly for about 2 minutes just to discover another tile with a step (even on land the steps have increased)).
That it is possible to get a “stepless” landscape shows the New Zealand Mesh, e.g.

P.S. Hope this will addressed worldwide in SUXI!

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same graphical glitches like the OP in SU9 and SU10 Beta with DX11 and DX12.

I found this, don’t know if it’s in correct topic to report this.

Coordinates:

49°N 103°W

This is something I’ve seeing since launch, perhaps the result of mismatched LOD tiles, however it does look worse with newer photogrammetry cities. Those of you that started to see it with this beta, are you using DLSS? Sometimes the standard TAA managed to cover up these artifacts, but since DLSS is better at resolving fine detail and thin lines, I imagine it would make them more noticeable.

I agree this is partially a long-standing issue and something seems worse about it now. One time around JFK airport the water actually appeared to have deep square holes in it. This seemed to happen when my VRAM usage was really high (in DX12).

I had these holes in the water as well.
Got much worse after the USA 2 update.
On some parts of the Colorado river we’ve seen holes in the water where an island should be!
Seems the new DEM messed with the height of the water.
A few days before USA 2 dropped the mentioned area was OK and I was able to land on some of the islands, because they have been above the water.

I’ll see if I can reproduce the issue I saw near JFK runways (later this evening). Unfortunately I didn’t have my screen capture software running last time it happened. (Maybe I could have pressed Print Screen but I have come to find it unreliable in various games)

Seems to be fixed in the yesterday’s beta build