Glitchy Pixels at top of screen

Yeah, can confirm unfortunately - new Nvidia driver 472.12 seems to be the issue. Makes sunsets and night flying a real nuisance…

Yep guys 466.77 is the only option

Remember to report to Zendesk and Nvidia. We need to get more reports to them.

2 Likes

Ver. 472.12 and in my case seems to be fixed.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

i9 9900KF @4.8GHz, Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 Xtreme

Alas, not for me. Problem persists with 472.12.

1 Like

Can we try this tip on setting gamma correction to off?

Don’t want to speak too soon as I only tried it on one flight, but it seems to have fixed the glitchy pixels as well…

Edit: forgot to say, tried with latest driver, 120 RS setting

Today I tried with the 472.12 driver (which produced these blocky artifact, too) with the Gamma correction swith OFF - no artifacts after 40 min of flight. I consider this problem cured (at least using this setting).

2 Likes

Could you please try with Render Scaling to all max setting and see whether these square pixel gone? These artifacts come usually when we set Render Scaling more than 100.

Render scaling maxed is 200 which would produce a slideshow on my Geforce 2070 super. I always have it at 130 and there it was when testing without Gamma correction.

1 Like

Can confirm: latest Nvidia driver 496.13 + Gamma Correction OFF in Nvidia Control Panel solves the issue for me. No more glitchy pixels so far (just FYI, my Render Scaling is at 100).

1 Like

What screen resolution are you running? I found that running anything over 1080p causes the flickering lights unless I run the .77 driver. I run in 4k and if I reduce render to 50%, (1080p) the flicker stops.

My screen is 2560x1440 px, with scaling 130% that makes an internal 3328x1872.

Interesting. I really hope MS fixes this coding issue, for now I’ll stick with .77. For me it’s the same performance for my 2080ti.

Anyone try the new 496.13 driver to see if this issue is fixed?

It is still fixed with gamma correction off, haven’t tried it switched back on to be honest as the sim also looks generally better with it off.

See my post above - I use 496.13 successfully with Gamma Correction turned off, which is a general improvement, as others have confirmed as well. Give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, you can always go back to the old driver anyway.

1 Like

Yep, tested it last night for about an hour and seemed to work. I’ll keep testing. Thx!

This worked, RTX 3070.

1 Like

I’m going to have to try these tips tomorrow but as of now I’m having the same issues, running an Asus RTX 3060 (non ti). Mine can get so severe that it actually causes FPS drops… and it seems like it just recently started happening. I thought it was a Windows 11 issue at first as I hadn’t seen it before (but the last month I haven’t really had time to fly… so it could be I just didn’t notice it)

I’ve been having similar glitching with the aircraft external lighting since SU5 ( not before ).

AA gamma correction off in nVidia driver settings didn’t work for me. I’m on latest drivers, 1080Ti 12gb, running at 4k.

I only see the issue when external lights are on ( night or day ) and the camera is at a certain angle. You don’t always see it if you’re looking dead ahead.

1 Like