Glitchy Pixels at top of screen

Download Nvidia drivers v466.77
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/176265/en-us

Uninstall Nvidia drivers and restart PC.
Install 466.77 drivers and restart PC.

Source
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/weird-lighting-bug/440787/2
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-upcoming-hotfix-announcement/436058/615

1 Like

yeah, Iā€™d read about rolling back to 466.77 as wellā€¦ if Asobo is aware and itā€™s on a fix list someplace - I can put up with it for now :wink: Iā€™d hate to roll back that far, for something that was introduced in SU5ā€¦ and I donā€™t fly a whole lot at night where itā€™s a huge distraction.

thx for the links!

1 Like

Replying to say your tips worked. I put gamma correction OFF and render scaling to 100 and no more pixels or performance issues! Currently on a flight from EGLL to KPIT and only 3 hours left of flight time and no performance loss or graphical issues. Still steady at 50 FPS at FL360.

I updated my RTX 2070 graphics card drivers for Forza 5 and loaded up MSFS expecting to see glitchy pixels return- but after several hours of gameplay, they have not appeared once! I tried maxing out the drone speed and moving the camera in all sorts of directions which was when the glitches were noticed back in July, but alas, they appear to be fixed. This is also with rendar scaling set to 130 as it was previously! :grin:

seeing this after SU7ā€¦never had it before RTX 2070 with latest Nvidia drivers.

2 Likes

Yup Iā€™ve started seeing it again to. Its not consistent though. Just had a flight there and didnā€™t see it but it plagued me all day yesterday. RTX 3080 playing in 4K 80% render scale.

since running 466 was no longer viable for me due to so many game releases dependent on current drivers, i switched to 100 scale to reduce this bug but apparently itā€™s now more common even in 100 scale. it was possible at 100 before but it was always in weird hidden places like shadows and reflections at 100 and only did full screen scaling issues at >. still convinced this issue is sim related as iā€™ve not have had any CTDs except for 1 (from playing horizon 5) as itā€™s isolated to the sim and fixes on reloading the sim. just a shot in the dark but perhaps a vram threshold the devs donā€™t use is being exceeded?

Turn AA gamma correction off in nvcp.

1 Like

I have submitted A ticket on zendesk . I do wonder if itā€™s caused by the handle bar

I did a complete reinstall of my Nvidia drivers and so far Iā€™ve had no further issues.

Iā€™m having this really badly with the latest SU and Nvidia driversā€¦

Itā€™s mainly when panning the camera around, and can happen in any aircraftā€¦

Hello,

Try to disable the game overlay in the Geforce settings.

It worked for me!

I found changing from TAA to DLAA got rid of all the garbage at the top of the screen.

But Iā€™m still seeing a lot of weirdness in landing lights on multiple aircraftā€¦

Yes, as @solarisfireball says, if you change from TAA to DLAA it is corrected, another option not to touch TAA and go back to the previous controllers,

This latest version of drivers doesnā€™t help much in that regard.

Spoke too soonā€¦still happening with latest drivers, but not with DLAA.

Folks, try 496.49 - I reverted back to this driver and I no longer have this artifact. Driver was released on 10/26. Iā€™ve completed several flights without issue.

Iā€™m running version 496.76 without any glitchy pixels on my RTX2070.

Its worked for me, thx for the tips !

No more top screen pixels anymore !

:+1:

1 Like

Gave it a try yesterday evening.
Gamma correction off.
Had no issues on a 2h flight. :+1:

RTX 2070, 496.49, Gamma Correction off. Multiple flights (10+) without problems, then suddenly have this problem again. Can confirm that with DLAA problem is immediately resolved. Changing back to TAA and problem is back. DLAA looks like **** so still hoping nvidia/Asobo would fix this.

1 Like