Global AI Ship Traffic V2 for MSFS

yawn, unless we have the Nimitz Class for the F18’s steaming at 45 knots

1 Like

I am having the following issue, only with this great Mod:
When I unzip the download and put it in my community folder, the beautiful ships appear, and I couldn’t have been happier. However, at the end of the flight, I noticed that I couldn’t exit from the sim. When the option to Exit to Desktop appeared, I clicked on it, and the sim locked up. No response whatsoever. I ended up having to exit via Task Manager.
I removed the mod from my community folder and re-launched the sim. Flew. Exited. No problems.
Re-installed the mod. Flew. Exited. Locked up on exit. Again.
I noticed that when I install the mod into my Community folder, after I fly even once , there is a subfolder that “spawns” of it’s own accord, with nearly the same name as the GAIST folder. The “spawned” folder only contains a SIMOBJECTS folder. So effectively I have 2 folders for this mod when I install it.
If I can’t figure out a fix, I can’t use this mod. I’m not sure what the problem could be.
I realize this is a LONG post, but I hope someone might be able to suggest a fix.
Thank you in advance for any useful suggestions!

I suppose the folder which spawns is called _CVT? That is normal and you should leave it there. It is converted files and it will keep growing to all is converted. Why your computer hangs at exit is strange and should not be related to the _CVT folder. Where did you fly?
Sorry, but won’t be able to respond further until late in the evening CET due to my day time job.

The fast turning is a limitation in the sim engin and it becomes very noticable with a 400 meter ship… Not realistic but nothing to do right now - it was exactly the same in FSX and P3D. You should have the same or more traffic than in P3D but remember that the traffic varies throughout the day AND the sim tends to forget to load ships which are anchored waiting to depart…

1 Like

Yeah, I have the exact same problem, only with this mod installed. Weird.

When I have time, I will fiddle around, if this is a conflict with a specific addon…

Cannot reproduce the problem anymore. Works now flawless for me, after 3x starting MSFS. Weird.

1 Like

Hi Man

Did a short flight accross the channel and i LOVE it :slight_smile:

Few questions though

1. With ships at 6% i see a lot of non AI traffic. When i raise to 100% i see even more AND AI traffic like the generic fishing boat. However also a lot of ships with Names that are not generic vessels. Are those the duplicates and should i realy be using 6% … or do we actually see more of your traffic when raing to 100% ( checked with Little nav map )

2. I see no traffic in big sea ports like Rotterdam … it completely empty. Is that because its considered “upstream” of a river or something ?

3. u use ADDON LINKER and it is working when putting your scenery in a different folder. However i see that the CVT folder is generated and updated in my real community folder. I think its working but do you know if this can cause probles and i better use your file directly in the community folder ?

Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Good and bad news. I asked our Museum and they wrote back, that they have a General Plan, and a Line crack and loading plan for the “Hamburg” ex “Coburg”. Brought a smile into my face. Now the bad news is that they charge 30 € for half an hour searching in their Archives getting it out and making digital copy’s. Until now I don´t know if a half hour is enough or if it will be much more. And off course its not for commercial use only for private use. So I would have to explain them for what we would like them. And off course if I would buy them I wanted that ship now in the FS 2020 if possible. The old routes where Germany - West Indies. So what do you think? should I head on? Cheers

1 Like

Hi
It is quite normal that the museums ask for payment for this service; else they would run around serving all the model builders. I have had to pay for several drawings. Some museums however are in process of digitalization of all archives and that makes it easier. Before progressing let’s see if the drawings can found in fora’s or other on the net. Sometime one is lucky. I will do a search and let you know. We decided to move the full Classic Package to MSFS also, so you will get her for this sim.
Henrik

Thanks for a great immersion improvement! Just flew to Gotland, Sweden, from Latvia and spotted a ferry in the harbour :slight_smile:

FlightSimulator_OQEBEJZlXh FlightSimulator_PnWqf9U1Cp FlightSimulator_usUxFEFFYW FlightSimulator_cWU7v2zrtV

4 Likes

I’m intrigued by the possibility of a mod incompatibility. I will explore further tonight after work. Thanks

1 Like

I suppose you kept the time the same, because traffic will vary a lot during the day and the week…that said, the sim has for some reason a tendency not always to show everything at first run; we are still working on getting a deeper understanding of that.

There are a few routes going into Rotterdam port, but most stops outside. The reason for not letting the ships go into the port at this point is double:

First, the AI ship movements in confined spaces is hopeless - a real life containership will move sideways to the pier with the use of bow thrusters and/or tugs… The AI ships can only sail forward or backwards - they always move from node to node on a predetermined route and they will back out from the first node to the second node on a route and then do a 180 degrees turn. That is incompatible with what space is available in most harbors…

Second, different people have different add-ons installed - using e.g. ORBX Singapore the harbor is full of static ships so AI ships would dock on top of static ships

I would appreciate your feedback after further testing, but I think the _CVT folder will always end in the community folder.

I really appreciate there beautiful screenshots !!! Thanks - nice to see it working. The ferries are the exception to the rule mentioned in the response to @AppliedPython94 . Ferries in real life also tend to go more or less straight in and out so therefore the ferries are often put on their real route all the way to the pier.

1 Like

Thanks for returning - we will also try to reproduce - but happy it works now.

Good News, I will wait then a bit. Thank you

1 Like

It took less than a minute to find a side view drawing - it is not high resolution, but combined with pictures this can actually be enough. I have managed with less… But I will search a bit more later…

1 Like

@hnielsen791

Hi Henrik

yes it was same time … during the flight I just moved the slider from 6% to 100%.
I think there was about 30 to 40 % more ships with names. if this is correct its fine with me …but if doubles I would like to know so I can reduce to 6% again …

you think they are not doubles right ?

i understand the harbor explanation … thanks

the ADDON LINKER looks to be working correctly … will leave both folders separate like it is to test if it keeps being stable.

Sadly, it’s causing ctds in the world map. I had to remove it.

Now, the game is more unstable, was there something it did?

Ok. We will test, and come back. It surprises me though if it spawns ships beyond what is programmed. I think it is more related to an observation that it doesn’t load all on first flight .

If you want us to help or understand pleae be more precise - how was it installed ? What else is installed recently? When you say World Map you mean when selecting airport or after selecting airport starting up the sim?

No tests, and there have been many on many different systems have shown CTD. Maybe your unstable system also after removal indicates that you might have some other issue.

Good News, you seem to have the right Internet Pages. I will look for some pictures. A certain wish where to send them?