Global AI Ship Traffic V2 for MSFS

I put it in my e drive and used msfs addons linker to connect it to the community (I have done this for many files. It showed a clean link.

Ships was the only thing I installed - (an aside, my Pilot 2 ATC will not work now, I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it’s not working)

Yes, that is the World Map. That is where it ctd when installed. After I uninstalled it, I notice less vulnerability to ctd, but I had stability with MSFS 2020 before I installed GAIST.

Was this tested by you with FSUIPC7 installed?

Thanks for coming back.
The Addons linker did at least for 3 people seem to create some issue - all reported issue resolved after reinstalling, but two had freezes on exit at the first installation.
FSUIOC7 - I do not know if any of the Beta testers had it installed. Will check.

Hi community. I have Dowloaded the package and enjoyed flighing over these beautiful boats. I know some people are complaining about the lack of wake or smoke. And it is true that even in Roblox simulations (my 10 y old son is found of it ;-)), wakes and smoke are there…Kind of frustrating. But there might be something that could enhance the add-on and I believe it would be easy to make it happen: the navigation lights of the boats (you know: red, green and white…) at night. Is there a way to make them brighter in the simulation? I am a Navy officer and most of the time, you can see them when you are 20miles away from a ship in reality. In this add-on, you have to close at 1 or 2 miles to see them… Anyway, that’s the most brillant add-on I have seen . Thanks for all and I bought a coffe to the developer.

Thank you for staying on this. This is already a squirrely sim, as you know, with the new platform, and changes constantly happening. I’ve been pretty careful (lucky) not to have any ctd issues, until after installing GAIST.

I’m wondering if I should put GAIST directly into the C drive where my community folder is.

I have it in my standard community folder without issues. Today for performance testing I took it in and out five times with different configurations to measure load times to compare between computers and set-ups. No issues at all… It also survived the latest updates and hot fixes…

Better navigational light will be part of the real transfer to native .gltf format; the models all had real navigation lights in FSX and P3D - they were built in to the wake file called by each shipincluding both the wake, spray, smoke and lights… But if I say it took 8 years to build the package, then you can probably imagine that transferring and retexturing the ships with complete new lighting is a bit of a task… not 8 years, we will have many short cuts, but it could be 8 months and the target is moving because MSFS continues to develop. However, I am sure it can become more than excellent, because MSFS offers new opportunities in terms of texturing.

1 Like

I would at least try if I were you. My GAIST folder is directly in the community folder. And I experience no CTD at all.

Ok, got it, thank you for that. And I will continue to support you at each update. Have a great day!

Really appreciate the effort that’s gone into making this and the modelling is fantastic but not sure if it’s just me but my FPS take a massive hit with this installed, and a couple of times the sim has just frozen completely…any ideas ??

I placed it in the community file of the sim in the c drive. First time it ctd after I selected an aloft position in the world map and hit the play button. Second time, no issue. I’ll keep you informed.

I’ve included a few screen shots. I’m using Rex Real Weather and a lot of scenery mods for Southern California, my home. settings are always ultra (except I turn off “blur”). Fingers crossed.

Same here. I have never experienced this long freezes before. Like 5 seconds freezes from time to time. I have a pretty decent computer with 5800x, rtx3080 and 32gb RAM and a fast SSD. I will keep testing and letting you know.

This add-on is amazing and the ships look fantastic. It does add a lot of immersion.

Seems to be working here as well, strange indeed. Great mod.

We have been testing on different set-ups yesterday; still need to verify results before posting observations and giving recommendations, but there are differences between set-ups.

Henrik.
Very impressed with the add on. I work at sea and found two of my old ships, which were accurately rendered. I live in Scotland and would like to see Cal Mac Ferries operating on the West Coast. Scotflight made these for FSX but have no plans for doing it on MSFS. I have been looking for info on importing / modifying FSX SimObjects.

Challrnger Monarch

2 Likes

On the day if release I took a short flight from Angelsey looking for ships. Having spotted a tanker I dropped down low for a closer look and experience major game freezes so much so I was expecting to literally crash whilst not in control into the sea.
Anyway since then I’ve flown low down the English Channel with quite a few more ships either side of me and not had the same issue.

You need to zoom in.

1 Like

Occasionally some stutters but other than that, this works just great.

But some of the ships do have scary moments :joy:

1 Like

Using the package with AddonLinker here and no issues so far…

2 Likes

This new ship addon is causing issues in certain areas, the one I found is London City. The HMS Belfast is now replaces by two big yachts, and if I try to run the sim taking off from ORBX EGLC and use ORBX London City then try to switch to VR, the sim CTDs.

@ onlyforbrianNeither the Belfast nor the two yachts has anything to do with this addon. The two yachts are either part of some other scenery or most likely default traffic. I am sure you problem is unrelated.

I have seen the mention of HMS Belfast being replaced by two yachts wayyy before the AI Ship pack was even released so it has definetly nothing to do with that. Maybe a conflict of ORBX and default?

1 Like

The Orbx London City Pack is known to cause conflicts after the UK Update. It has been updated apparently but only if you bought direct. The Marketplace is still awaiting the update. Their advice is not to use it - could this be your problem?

1 Like