GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

:wink:

3 Likes

Hmmm. Maybe the ice is thinner in Alaska, where I’m currently flying. Mind you, it could be that I didn’t have the gear down at that point! :laughing:

1 Like

Look close at you own screenshot… I see water on that ice… @Flobud has no water on his ice… Ps… if there is really a difference in the solidity of the ice then Asobo deserves a bit of credit…

They won’t get much though for the photogrammetry at Key West below… I guess you can recognize the GAIST ships from the photogrammetry… Okay the cruise liners in the background left can actually be identified, but the the Coast Guard base was a disappointment.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, it doesn’t change anything, I had fun last time avoiding the water holes while “driving” on the ice. :slight_smile:

You can “fall” into the water when still being on the ice but you have to get really, really close to the actual water.
And maybe, the ice properties have not been properly applied where @FlyMe2Dunoon was. This world is big and full of bugs.

1 Like

While we wait for our AIS partner to get on with the Real Time application more sailboats and yachts were added - below regatta of the coast of Quiberon, France today.

And our smallest family dog finally got a space in the simulator after sitting with me for hours and hours watching me modelling…

23 Likes

Aircraft carriers?

Not yet… And others work on it also, so we keep focus on what we can get AIS signals for

2 Likes

One of the issues we faced introducing a lot of sailboats, was that they would keep sails up in harbors… That is now being solved with animations, so they will drop sails when stopped.

Don’t expect any fancy animation with cadets climbing the masts, it is just on/off as I got tired of watching sailboats with sails up when moored…

36 Likes

Brilliant! I’ve been beta testing a new aircraft over Belfast in the last few weeks and seeing sailboats in and around Bangor and Carrickfergus really makes it cone alive :+1:

1 Like

that’s really cool

2 Likes

21 Likes

16 Likes

GAIST RT and @Mamudesign combined at Cannes… here it works beautifully. There will be conflicts in some places, but Mamudesigns boats are usually smaller and GAIST RT are bigger The bigger might simply hide the smaller, but often they are placed at different places in the marinas than the pontoon bridges inserted by Mamusdesign. Here in Cannes one has to search to find the conflicts. The boat on land is supposed to be there. Maintenance.

In the neighboring marina there was two conflicts as smaller boats frequently are placed with slightly wrong heading due to the AIS received. But you almost have to go for a walk to spot the mistake…

23 Likes

Where can I find the Great Lakes package or is it already included in the package V3?

1 Like

Its s separate package due to limitations in the sim, bit you should be able to find it at https://flyawaysimulation.com/

Nope, it’s not there

Yes would be great if some info is provided on how to obtain this package or if its included in V3

@ DestroyerC97 I will upload the great Lakes when I get home from work… Said I would, but I just forgot to do it …

5 Likes

Well looks like i have a “NO PC” then. :wink: I found out that these microstutters came from “DLSS” and “DX12”.
I switched my graphic settings back to “TAA” and “DX11” and the stutters are gone. Aaand i have all routes of GAIST active. :wink: Well, over London with graphic settings maxed out i get around 30 fps with some rare short drops below 10-15 fps. But i can live (and fly) with that pretty well.
But I’m still excited to get my hands on that realtime thing of GAIST!

2 Likes

Same here, all routes active since release of GAIST V2 and never had any issues with this approach. In my case, it also does not really matter if I use DX11 or DX12, for my AMD card, DX12 would actually fit better but then I have this annoying terrain tile bug on airports, that is my reason why I still use DX11.

4 Likes