GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Thanks for mentioning this one; I had completely forgotten her :smiley:

4 Likes

Conversion of Larry’s models is progressing fast:

25 Likes

Wow. Just wow!

Oh, cool, so we’re going to have additional Washington State Ferries too? On a real schedule?

This is going to be awesome!

yes, you will also get an almost complete collection of Washington State Ferries and yes, real time so you can check if your ferry is delayed… Here another bunch of screenshots of some of Larry’s models converted today

19 Likes

Just a thought… this new version seems to be about commercial shipping on published routes and schedules, so what happens to things like warships, submarines etc?

We have not added any new war ships that is probably what gives you the impression, however, many war ships does send AIS signal and they will appear. Of course some nations let their war ships sail under disguise even in peace time so you might see in some occasions a civil ship where in reality there is a frigate or nothing at all…

Below tracking data for one of the warships which will appear.

All submarine routes are fully simulated…

22 Likes

after su10 all performance problems gone with 100 set everything and use all vessels and bijan

1 Like

Warships often don’t have transponders activated.

There are plenty to be found though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Landable? :stuck_out_tongue:

we will work on that after the release of the real time version.

9 Likes

At the moment we see about 130 warships worldwide with live coverage. :satellite: All of them will be visible in MSFS. (Provided there is a matching model in Henrik’s huge library :slight_smile:).

2 Likes

Having spent a career in the Royal Air Force flying on maritime patrols with a primary wartime role of locating and destroying submerged hostile nuclear armed submarines I am well aware that submerged submarines will not be visible, and in the real world the details of submarine patrols are never revealed. But in the sim I have seen both warships and SURFACED submarines. I assumed these were injected by GAIST although some may have been inserted by other addons. With a lot of addons it can become difficult to know which addons are adding which objects.

1 Like

The sub and war ships are probably from GAIST - we have the British Vanguard Class included and I have a new US submarine ready with routes out in Bremerton in the new BGL version.

I will seperate out the Navy routes and then you can combine bgl routes for Navy ships with the real time traffic. But I won’t promise that I do it before the real time launch as we are now focusing quite a lot on getting this done. I can’t continue to let @Archer374 suffer from impatience and I did finalize the Pacific North West ship convertion.

13 Likes

I’m fine with that thanks, it’s my cat that gets impatient :smirk_cat:

1 Like

That’s very considerate of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s more likely we’ll see a surfaced RN SSN sub with a transponder on. But it’s all good :slight_smile:

There have been more transits to and from Faslane recently visible on marine traffic, RN and other NATO. I think that’s a political thing though.

3 Likes

Speaking of military ships, I’m hoping we will be able to see the USCG Cutter Healy. From last week at the North pole…

6 Likes