"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

Hi to all,
I’d like to thank you all for this interesting topic. With your help I pulled out of the box my old goflight panels…a Gf45, Gf46 and a Gf166.
Following your guidelines I was able to get them work correctly with all the functions that interested me:
Gf45 → Autopilot
Gf46-> XPDR, ADF, Altimeter, OBS1&2 and HADF, Brightness
Gf166-> Radio Com1&2, Nav 1&2

Here a sample of my config:
IMG_20220309_144110

I’d like to resume my steps to leave a simple help for how come next for a support.

1-I’ve bought an internal usb hub 3.0, compatible with usb 1.1/2 standard (on the famous marketplace). I tink an external powered hub could solve the problem but i didn’t tried it.

2-I’ve installed an old copy of FSX. Not needed to launch it, I’ve erased all the unneeded files into the fsx directory (Aircraft, scenery and other big stuff) after the installation.

3-I’ve installed GFConfig directly from Goflight Site and launched it. FSx was automatically recognized.

4-I’ve plugged in all the panels directly into the hub and configured them as i needed (as described above) into the goflight app.

5-With GFconfig opened I’ve started MSFS and launched the flight.

6-when into the aircraft I’ve launched the bridge from MSFS (FSX) and GoFlight panels. The file to launch is: “GFDevFSX.exe”. You can find it into the GoFlight install directory.

7-Enjoy…all my panels came back to life. All functions active, all displays working. Only issues are the leds on gf166, but it’s a minor issue and Com/Nav frequency are well recognizable from “C” and “N” letters.

8-I usually keep GFConfig running in background to mantain the display on. If yuo need to reconfigure my panels i usually kill gfbridge into the taskmanager, modify functions in GFconfig and relaunch “GFDevFSX.exe”.

Hope this little guide could help someone else.
Best regards
H3LLVIS

2 Likes