"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

You might find this profile helpful which includes the goflight EFIS and MCPPro for the FBW A320…

This might be what was referred to in a previous post as ‘weird’ mappings but I would guess that the full package was not looked at in detail. The package includes templates that can be printed and overlayed on the goflight panels, effectively relabelling each control bringing the devices far closer to the physical layout and functionality of controls for the A320 than could ever be achieved by profile mapping alone.

In particular, the Boeing MCP and Airbus FCU are completely different devices with different concepts of flight management and so whilst some controls can be mapped 1-to-1, many cannot. Those that can be mapped are often physically placed in a very different location making it still feel like you are flying Boeing rather than Airbus.

Like many, I started out simply mapping controls from one to the other but when it came to actually using it for flights it became confusing as it just wasn’t close to using the A320 FCU, hence why I created this package. It was the next logical evolution.

I’ve been using this setup for a few weeks now on many flights and it is now 2nd nature to use and is pretty close to the A320 devices, at least as close as I feel it is possible to get with transforming the two Boeing style devices. Plus I added some other useful functionality that is on the A320 glareshield/MIP to save reaching for the mouse :slight_smile:

1 Like

I notice the GoFlight site is still closed. I was under the impression the US has re-opened and wasn’t in lock down from COVID-19. I wonder if the previous shut downs have impacted GoFlight’s ability to re-open. I for one would like to see their take on the new MSFS application, particularly as I own some of their gear.

Hi to all,
I’d like to thank you all for this interesting topic. With your help I pulled out of the box my old goflight panels…a Gf45, Gf46 and a Gf166.
Following your guidelines I was able to get them work correctly with all the functions that interested me:
Gf45 → Autopilot
Gf46-> XPDR, ADF, Altimeter, OBS1&2 and HADF, Brightness
Gf166-> Radio Com1&2, Nav 1&2

Here a sample of my config:
IMG_20220309_144110

I’d like to resume my steps to leave a simple help for how come next for a support.

1-I’ve bought an internal usb hub 3.0, compatible with usb 1.1/2 standard (on the famous marketplace). I tink an external powered hub could solve the problem but i didn’t tried it.

2-I’ve installed an old copy of FSX. Not needed to launch it, I’ve erased all the unneeded files into the fsx directory (Aircraft, scenery and other big stuff) after the installation.

3-I’ve installed GFConfig directly from Goflight Site and launched it. FSx was automatically recognized.

4-I’ve plugged in all the panels directly into the hub and configured them as i needed (as described above) into the goflight app.

5-With GFconfig opened I’ve started MSFS and launched the flight.

6-when into the aircraft I’ve launched the bridge from MSFS (FSX) and GoFlight panels. The file to launch is: “GFDevFSX.exe”. You can find it into the GoFlight install directory.

7-Enjoy…all my panels came back to life. All functions active, all displays working. Only issues are the leds on gf166, but it’s a minor issue and Com/Nav frequency are well recognizable from “C” and “N” letters.

8-I usually keep GFConfig running in background to mantain the display on. If yuo need to reconfigure my panels i usually kill gfbridge into the taskmanager, modify functions in GFconfig and relaunch “GFDevFSX.exe”.

Hope this little guide could help someone else.
Best regards
H3LLVIS

2 Likes

GIT software is complex and solely related to GF products.
Better is Spad.Next. This is wonderful software which originaly suported Saitek products but is now also applicable to GF systems. Easy to program with MSFS, Siumconnect and LVAR commands with the LEDs working! Moreiover it is cheeper.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if GF MCP Pro will work with Fenix A320?

It works with the FBW, so I would think it will work with the Fenix.

You will just have to look for an existing profile, or program the MCP Pro yourself.

I have it working for all my aircraft I use in FS2020 so far (Including the PMDG), but as I don’t have/fly Airbus, I can’t confirm 100% on the Fenix.

Ok that’s good news.Thankyou.

Apologies for the delays … life got in the way! Now using the extended FBW API, I finished a FBW A32NX profile with GoFlight EFIS and MCP Pro and the behringer Xtouch Mini for overhead and lights. Will be in SPAD.neXt profile library today. Search for smollett336.
https://www.captainsmollett.com/pad-next

Not tested it … but be wary, asA32NX publish a decent (better than Asobo) API documentation that is a life saver for device mapping in SPAD.neXt. I have heard Fenix have not exposed a lot of variables (understandable as it is a commercial product) so it may be harder to map sim functions to the devices. Anyone here tried it?

I can confirm Spadnext works for GF MCP Pro and PMDG 737-600

1 Like

I’m about to put my 12 Go flight modules for sale, I’ve had it to the eye balls trying to program all the rotaries, buttons, and switches . i bought the Alpha Bravo throttle and i find the auto pilot and the 7 switches on it are very friendly to program with FS2020 .but Go Flight there’s no video’s and the support is very heard to find . when i had P3D all was working so good ----I see here you are talking about SPAD next , i have it but again don’t know how to use it and can’t find specific videos to program it, if there is some maybe ill try it .But this is all getting a little old trying to get all this stuff working -Ha i hope I hear back on some thing positive and not having to sell the modules .----Louis----Alberta

Hi .,. there are lots of videos from Les O’Reilly on youtube about using SPAD.neXt. Interestingly some of the MCP Pro buttons and dials stopped working last week … could be the motherboard inside it slowly dying as it is over 10 years old. I’ve moved all the FCU controls to the X-Touch Mini now and that works flawlessly (when it connects to Windows - it seems to conflict (to be confirmed) with the Saitek Radio Panel of all things!). So I’ll be moving away from the MCP Pro unless it comes alive again … and now looking to save the pennies for a Java Simulator FCU from Thailand.

dont sell your goflight kit
it works fine in msfs without spad or pollypot.
all you need is to fool goflight software its working in fsx. i have prev posted about this in this thread. i have mcp pro gf 46 2xgf45 tq6 2xgf166 2xt8 p8 lgt. all work fine.
you need to do the following
have fsx or the fsx. exe file installed
goto goflight config folder. look for GfDevFSX file
drag a shortcut to the desktop
click on the file. nothing appears to happen
next start goflight config tool.
left window click dropdown and select sim as fsx. now in right window click the fsx tab at the top. program your modules and save config.
minimize the window. start msfs.
all my panels work except efis

2 Likes

Thanks walnut . I tried that and had no luck but it got it working’ The module at polly pot, i put it in the polly pot in the community folder then went and got the latest Go flight interface tool with the latest drivers but had a heck of a time programming them there doesn’t seem to be any examples or specific support for these go flight modules. As an example, how do you use the rotaries to say program the light dimmers from the drop downs? And how to set the ADF freq’s on the 46? --Louis------- Alberta

Hi Captain,

Nice installation, almost same here on my side.
Tks for sharing the idea but my question here is if you don’t have Fsx/P3D but only Xplane which is my case, is there a way to make GoFlight works with MSFS2020 without buying the goflight sofware?

Hi!

Yes, but then you must have a valid license for Spad.next Which allows the MCP to work with MSFS.

Freddy

1 Like

Ok I don’t have it, so I should buy one, thank you for your quick answer Freddy! :wink:

1 Like

Hi again!

Just to clarify: If you only want to use the MCP pro for PMDG, you should go for the Pollypot software mentioned. Installing this makes the MCP pro work with PMDG without any programming. Spad.next is a cross platform tool that allows you to program the MCP for any aircraft in any sim (P3D, X-.Plane and MSFS). There are online profiles made by other that works with PMDG in MSFS, but they may require some additional programming to work 100%.

Freddy

1 Like

the goflight software was a free download.
but they have gone bust.
spad and pollypot are payware and not easy to program.
as you have goflight modules you should have the 2.28 config software to run them.
i can probally send you the config file. ill check it out today. but you will need an fsx. exe file to fool the modules.
ref xplane. pollypot or spad can prog modules but for basic programming i use the plugin from sandy barbour. easy to assign modules from a dropdown list. avail from the xplane org site.

1 Like

Thank you Captain for the information! :wink: