"GoFlight Products Now Compatible with FS 2020" - Really? - YES, kind of

Hi All,

Finally the two panels are working including the displays. Thanks for all the hints and support!

@ThreeWalnut8516 also thanks for the hint to the youtube of michael to disable power management in registry.

Just a tip, when configuring I had to once restart GFDevFSX.exe when running MSFS2020.

I always start gfdevfsx.exe after msfs 2020 is running.

Thanks again!

I had the above console after trying to get a hold of go flight for over a darn year with no reply. I threw the darn expensive peace of trash out! will never buy anything from go flight again! they totally neglect to talk with there customers! took my money and ran with it! Buyers of go flight products best beware!

have you got gf45 working yet.
i have 2x gf45. one as transponder and other as altimeter qnh. both work fine in fs2020
make sure gf45 is on powered hub or direct into pc usb port.
follow the blank saitek display instructions on YouTube.
also in device manager look for USB controllers and turn off power management for them too.
as mentioned prev all my panels except efis work in fs2020.
4xgf166, mcppro, 2xt8,1xp8,wcp,rp48,lgt,2xgf45,mesm.

Yep, edited again the registry and all panels are working now. GF-45, GF-P8, GF-RP48 and GF-46. Don’t you use gf-45 prev and next for several functions or is that covered by other panels?
Thanks!

I have 2x gf45 set to 1 function each as mentioned.
i have rp48 and mcp Pro for other functions.
glad you got yours working now.
note that if you unplug a device and plug it into another USB port you will need to re-edit the registry entry for that device.
heres a pic of my setup.

note the brown labels on the T8 panels. if your interested they are ‘magnetic paper’ overlays. I have different assignments for different aircraft so I can swop to the required overlay. you create the overlays in ms word. avail on ebay.
then just print them out on your home printer.

Great setup! I also use magnetic tape with an overlay paper I made in excel to switch between different settings

If anyone has invested in Spad.next already, its a good start. I have managed to get the EFIS and some of the MCP-Pro working with WU7 and FlyByWire A32NX … but as they keep constantly improving its becoming a pain to constantly update things that break. I’ll buy the software and upload to the profile collection if anyone is interested.

I’m interested in this.
all my panels work with goflight config except EFIS
if you have got EFIS working with spad I’d buy it.
have you got profiles for efis and mcp Pro both working fully? I’d love to have copy of your profiles. can you have spad for efis and mcp but still use goflight config for the other panels?

Yup, let me write it up … I’m using demo version but will buy it as EFIS now works for me. Can’t export profiles unless I buy it … but I maybe able to document it. Last qustion: yes, I believe so, but I only have EFIS and MC-Pro only so can’t guarantee -there is a switch somewhere in Spad.Next that allows you to disable its support for specific panels I think. Gimme a few days, I can’t play with FS2020 everyday :frowning:

thanks. ill dload the demo and see how it works.
hope your able to show efis and mcppro profiles for me.

1 Like

Hello,
I´m also interested in this. I am working with MCP Pro and EFIS. And the MCP Pro works only partially.
Some LEDs work, some don’t.
And the EFIS not at all.
Thanks in advance

Finally bought SPAD.neXt rather than Polly Pot’s GIT. I’m awaiting news on how to get an Authkey as I cannot publish the profile or snippets without one it seems. Until then you can download here.

Full EFIS working … text below is how I configure it (saves you having to read the profile XML!). Let me know if it works for you. MCP-Pro next project. :slight_smile:

FlyByWire Simulations A32NX / Dev version
GoFlight EFIS
Captain’s side only
10 Feb 2022 - Spad.neXt v0.9.11.5
Captain Smollett 336 - Captain Smollett - YouTube
CaptainSmollet#8081- Discord
CaptainSmollet#808 - SPAD.neXt
Cpt Smollett#336 - FS2020

Top left to bottom right:
• Left gray rotary sets inHg barometric pressure valuesin increments of 0.01 inHg (works when barometric reading is inHG or hPa (i.e. works in both)). See MTRS button below. See TERR button below (toggles between STD and QNH barometric reading).
• Right gray rotary sets hPa barometric pressure values in increments of 1 hPa (works when barometric reading is inHG or hPa(i.e works in both)). See MTRS button below.
• The push function of the above two rotaries is not recognised by SPAD.neXt, but you can use FSUIPC v7 to programme this if you wish and/or have a copy installed).
• FPV button sets TRK/FPA function on the FCU
• MTRS button toggles barometric reading between inHG to hPa
• Left black rotary sets ND display mode (LS/VOR/ARC/PLAN)
• WXR button sets ND display mode to NAV (as its not available as an option on the left black rotary)
• Right black rotary sets ND display range (ignores the 640 mile range option)
• VOR & ADF switches work
• STA button sets CSTR display in ND
• WPT button sets WPT display in ND
• ARPT button sets ARPT display in ND
• DATA button sets VOR display in ND
• POS button sets NDB display in ND
• TERR button toggles STD and QNH barometric reading setting - short press for QNH (push), long press for STD (pull).

1 Like

EFIS only profile now available in the SPAD.neXt online profiles library. MCP-Pro next.

1 Like

thanks for all the info.
ill buy spad now.

I’d recommend you test it first in the 14 day trial version. I’m sold on SPAD.neXt, but don’t take my word for it! :slight_smile:

Good idea.
are you able to upload your efis and mcppro profiles to the spad site so I can use them and save programming time??
then I could test before coughing up the money.

Yup, either see link above (the OneDrive link) or find the EFIS-only one in the SPAD.neXt online profiles library. It has EFIS only. I’m working on MCP-Pro at the moment … wheh done, I’ll publish MCP-Pro only and one with both combined. There are other MCP-Pro profiles from others but I didn’t like the key assignments in those. There is one on sv.flightsim.to too, again, with weird key assingments. I’m working on one that maps the B737 buttons/rotaries to their A32NX counterparts … without cluttering the MCP-Pro with some oddities such as parking brakes and other things as in the other profiles mentione above. Feedback welcome … enjoy.

hows the mcppro for spad coming along.
ive got the free trial period now so. looking for your EFIS profile.
looks like ill have to get the 2020 spad and pay extra for the xplane spad addon.